Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Need Help with Boost By Gear.

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got my JB4 hooked up and everything. I'm losing too much traction on MAP 3 and I'm trying to set Boost By Gear on my PC. I don't see the BBG setting in the user adjustment page and only see "Max Boost 1st,2nd, and 3rd" is this the same? And if not is anyone willing to guide me? I'm trying to set it up like how Burger motorsports suggests. They suggest dropping 5psi for first and 1psi for second. How would this translate to Max Boost by gear?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
You're in the right section, it's max boost by gear. If you enter 5 or whatever amount you desire, that's the amount of boost over stock the JB4 will subtract.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
You're in the right section, it's max boost by gear. If you enter 5 or whatever amount you desire, that's the amount of boost over stock the JB4 will subtract.
So just like this?
So it should look like this on the PC software?

Max Boost 1st: 5
Max Boost 2nd: 1
Max Boost 3rd: 0

Boost by gear:*Enter amount of boost reduction in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. Very useful for improving traction on RWD vehicles. We generally run 5psi in 1st, 1psi in 2nd, on our GT on stock tires to avoid wheel spin during launch mode. This reduces boost in 1st gear by 5psi, and reduces boost in 2nd gear by 1psi. You can reduce boost below factory levels as needed.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
So just like this?
So it should look like this on the PC software?

Max Boost 1st: 5
Max Boost 2nd: 1
Max Boost 3rd: 0

Boost by gear:*Enter amount of boost reduction in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. Very useful for improving traction on RWD vehicles. We generally run 5psi in 1st, 1psi in 2nd, on our GT on stock tires to avoid wheel spin during launch mode. This reduces boost in 1st gear by 5psi, and reduces boost in 2nd gear by 1psi. You can reduce boost below factory levels as needed.

Exactly. Entering 5 will subtract 5 lbs of boost all the way through first. That SHOULD greatly help your takeoff in 1st gear.

OP
F

Fabio0716

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Exactly. Entering 5 will subtract 5 lbs of boost all the way through first. That SHOULD greatly help your takeoff in 1st gear.
Okay so I tried setting BBG on Map3 and it defaults to zero after. Am I doing something wrong?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Okay so I tried setting BBG on Map3 and it defaults to zero after. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, that i don't know; I only set mine for 1st gear, never played with 2nd or 3rd. Have you asked Terry on N54? He seems to answer pretty quickly over there.

fatboyNC

Reactions
City
Southern Pines
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2, RWD
hey guys, when you change this setting, is it only changing in Map 6, or for all maps?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
hey guys, when you change this setting, is it only changing in Map 6, or for all maps?
It works across all maps but you really only feel the difference on higher maps and at full throttle.

fatboyNC

Reactions
City
Southern Pines
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2, RWD
thanks! I'm running map 6 and have seen boost up to 19 psi in 3rd. car is running great!

MONUSA

Reactions
City
Lexington
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0T
Be careful of map 6.....for a reason. If you are not "tuner" literate (don't take it personally), then some bad things can happen on map 6. LOG, LOG, LOG and make adjustments once you have an understanding of what the adjustments are.......duty cycle, WGDC, PID,etc.....takes a bit of homework but worth it in the long run......