Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger GT experience vs cla45amg

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
I previously owned a cla45amg. Gorgeous, fun and exhilarating to drive. Super stiff suspension and I could feel every tiny bump on the road. After owning it for 2.5 years and putting on over 40k miles last year I had to let it go due to the repair costs.
I came across the Kia stinger 3.3T while I had the cla45. Honestly I loved the stinger from the very first time I sat and drove it for a test drive even when I had no plans of changing my car.
There was an odd attraction towards it. I guess because it was an underdog and it looked really good. The stance on the stinger is just muscular and outstanding.
The interiors were good too. Yes there were a few trim pieces here and there which looked a little plasticy but overall in comparison to the Cla it was roomier, comfortable. It definitely didn’t match up in the exhaust sound and acceleration. But that’s where I had to factor in “ listen buddy you’re driving almost 100 miles a day and every month some issue is coming up with the car since I’ve hit 60k miles on it and repairs are getting exhausting “ so it was time to change and get something which I think might be more reliable and if not at least the repairs and parts won’t be as much.
Overall in terms of driving quality. The cla45 much lighter and aggressive. Holy smokes it was always fierce and go go go crazy. The pops and crackles would just put a smile on your face. The agility on turns was dream like. In comparison now my day to day driving is more peaceful and comfortable. There are definitely times I miss the aggressiveness and agility. But then I tap on the gas the stinger feels heavy but it responds well enough to make me smile. I smile because when I am just cruising it feels heavy and chill but the moment I hit the pedal it definitely responds. And I guess I drove the cla aggressive enough that I had my share of fun and stopped driving like an adolescent after the first few months or okay I won’t lie. I stopped driving aggressively once it started to have all kinds of issues lol and repairs.
The other important thing for me was the stereo. My base gt doesn’t match up to the HK system in the cla. I didn’t think I would miss it but now I realize I really do. And am slowly modding the stereo.
The exhaust note. Ohh yes I definitely miss it but my girlfriend is a lot happier lol. Maybe in the future a valve controlled system but not a requirement. I actually don’t mind the active stereo sound enhancement it does fulfill a certain happiness haha.
Speed comparison. Surprisingly as stated earlier don’t miss it too much maybe I grew out of it or the heavy stinger and then speed has a different fun to it.
Agility - is something I have missed at times when I’ve felt like going fast and had to take a sudden turn and realized how the stingers suspension would dampen to one side like crazy.
Interior - now this is where I actually really love the stingers interior more. It’s roomier, much cleaner and nicer. It just works for some reason. I thought about the g70 but the stingers interior to me for whatever reason clicks and feels really nice. It’s got a certain audi like cleanliness to it.
The seats are also nicer I guess mainly because the Amg is way sportier and harsher overall. As my back gets older it’s enjoying the stinger seats lol.
So far I’ve had the stinger for a little over a month put on 5000 miles and love driving it day in and day out. It’s comfortable, sporty when u want it to be. A really nice cabin to be a part of.
All in all I love it and if someone asked me whether I would buy it again as a replacement “ I would “ :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
Congrats on the move over to the Stinger.

You will see a lot of us have migrated from luxury brands to the a first purchase KIA for a lot of the same reasons. I was a VW/AUDI guy for way to many years to count and happy with decision on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Great review, congrats and welcome to the group.

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys yeah I love it and I get it
It’s hilarious when people ask me how’s the car and I tell em I got a Kia and their jaws drop lol
But I love the reaction
You won’t understand till ya experience it

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Welcome aboard!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Thanks guys yeah I love it and I get it
It’s hilarious when people ask me how’s the car and I tell em I got a Kia and their jaws drop lol
But I love the reaction
You won’t understand till ya experience it

That's funny you say that [MENTION=2056]Pchek[/MENTION], every time I take my car to the car show at the Pavilions, the first thing out of there mouth is, WHAT KIND OF CAR IS IT. When I tell them its a Kia, there like A KIA [shameful]. It is funny to see that stupid look on there face.

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
That's funny you say that [MENTION=2056]Pchek[/MENTION], every time I take my car to the car show at the Pavilions, the first thing out of there mouth is, WHAT KIND OF CAR IS IT. When I tell them its a Kia, there like A KIA [shameful]. It is funny to see that stupid look on there face.
Yeah man seriously it’s hilarious . I wanted to put on the E badge but decided against it just because I love saying it’s a Kia and seeing people’s amusement haha. It’s mainly
For my ego though lol.
Well it’s simple I guess stereotypes exist .
One thing is for sure it might be a few points short of the Germans in regards to minute interior quality and handling. People can compare all day long.
But if someone calls themselves an enthusiast and have a limited amount of money and also say you are not influenced by the honestly not so nice looking bland Kia badge and what others think. I really don’t think you should have a problem w the stinger . But I just realized there are a lot of variables lol. However some people do just love their particular brand which is absolutely fine, I still love amgs but I would have a hard time ever getting another Amg if Kia continues this kinda car .
to say Kia sucks or to minimize its capability due to the name, would be a mistake :)
If someone is an enthusiast from what I know they definitely appreciate the stinger .

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
To a lot of people Kia is just a word, but to me it has a different meaning. I'm a Veteran and the word Kia stands for K.I.A "killed In Action" so I took it off the car.

I've had a lot of people come up an tell me they love the car. In fact I had a guy two weeks ago that was driving a GT3RS stopped me before I left the car show an told me you have a beautiful car and said I'm impressed. To me that's a car enthusiast, it shouldn't matter what you drive. Its the people that drive the $100,00.00 plus cars that look down on you an your car like you don't belong here, those are the people I like to put down.

Last edited:
OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Ohh wow that’s very nice to hear and cool
And ohh my god that sounds terrible it makes me wanna change the badge
Thank you for your service sir !

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I appreciate it, thanks, time to go, got a appointment. Have a nice day..

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2