Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Reduce exhaust Restriction - minimize noise

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
This is my first post, I'm new so hopefully this is how it's done. I have the injin intakes installed. I have the ssr downpipes on order. The sound of the ssr pipes are perfect for my taste. I've read about every thread lol but wanted some specific advise and did not see it.

Is there a way to reduce airflow restriction in the axleback/muffler portion without adding a lot of noise? I have a super crazy wife, I love her but crazy all the same lol:) she would go all honey badger on me if I added a bunch of sound to my exhaust:)

What about custom pipes to get rid of the crimps and mufflers that don't weigh 19-20lbs each but are still quite.

I'm talking to a custom shop tomorrow but wanted some unbiased input first.

Thanks for taking time to help! learned a lot so far reading through threads

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congrats on your purchase, make sure to post pictures if you can. I like an exhaust that is not loud either, so Magnaflow is probably your best bet for being quiet. Another way to keep the drone down inside the car is to install Sound Deadening Mat in the trunk, it will also take away a lot of road noise. You can find the Sound Deadening Mat on Amazon for cheap.

The cheapest place I found the Magnaflow exhaust forsale was K8 Stinger Store. $1374.00 That's a Catback Exhaust.

MaganFlow_Stinger_Exhaust_2_1024x1024.jpg

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I have fallen in love with a pretty pony...

BAQ Exhaust

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I forgot to mention Stillen GT Catback exhaust is on the quiet side to...

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #5