Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Virginia member checking in

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Hello everyone, looking forward to sharing ideas and working together.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome to the forums, did you have any pictures?

OP
Jaystead

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, yes working on getting some loaded.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sound good, do you plan on doing any mods?

OP
Jaystead

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Thread Starter #5
Without a doubt... just don't know what I want yet. You have anything done yet?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
yes, I have an ADD W1 V3 Oil Catch Can on PCV side, Mishimoto Carbon Radiator Cap, Injen Intake, Tial BOV, JB4 Tune, Subframe Chassis Collar Kit. I just installed the JB4 an hour ago.

You need a catch can first, that is a must.

20190306_174151.jpg

OP
Jaystead

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Thread Starter #7
Nice!!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Anything you want to find out about your car, the guys in this forum will steer you in the right direction. Have a good night!!!!

OP
Jaystead

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Thread Starter #9
Thanks, that's great to hear! Appreciate it and good night!!

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Welcome, look forward to seeing some pics.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome!

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard

pgeneste

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger
Hello everyone, looking forward to sharing ideas and working together.
Hello Jaystead, Sooooo you're in Newport News VA, and your Stinger is Blue on Black or Blue on Lt. Gray?
I'm and old school Hot Rodder and have already modded my 2018 Stinger after break in. Drop me a line at phil@geekone.com and would be happy to chat, just make e-mail title "Stinger".

How long have you had yours?
20190325_120729.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Hello Jaystead, Sooooo you're in Newport News VA, and your Stinger is Blue on Black or Blue on Lt. Gray?
I'm and old school Hot Rodder and have already modded my 2018 Stinger after break in. Drop me a line at phil@geekone.com and would be happy to chat, just make e-mail title "Stinger".

How long have you had yours?
View attachment 2168
Welcome aboard & congrats on your purchase...……..

pgeneste

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger
Spider55,
Nice Pic of engine :) but I do want to point out two things... One you don't have a catch-can or vent filter on the CCV line, your going to the turbo intake (factory setup)... not a good thing in the long term.. under WOT elevated boost, you will dump oil into the turbo and will build up on intake valves due to GDI as there is NO gas cleaning the intakes valves, so I suggest you remove the rubber hose and cap the inglen tube and put a mini fabric filter on CCV or add a catch-can in line with it too.

Also I would suggest adding your spark plugs to your mod list as, ALL tunes must change factory spark plugs or risk many bad things. Denso 5346 or HKS M40iL, personally I run HKS M45iL and clean them up once in a while with K44.
For those not aware (I know you you are Spider55), the factory are VERY hot plugs and have LOTS of exposed porcelain that can break under per-ingnition and spark issues due to too large of a gap. Check out these pics, Factory NGK, Denso 5346, and HKS (Custom made NGK) M45iL side by side. Note all white on factory spark-plug (pre-plug&play) but runs very rich under WOT that you can see on metal. As a side note just as damnfastdd found I also found my factory spark plugs NOT torqued down correctly, took less than 2-3 lbs to break loose.

20190312_181718.jpg
20190312_181706.jpg

pgeneste

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

OP
Jaystead

Jaystead

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Thread Starter #18
Hello,

Yup in the NN areas, mine is blue with Lt. Gray interior. No mods yet but eventually.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Spider55,
Nice Pic of engine :) but I do want to point out two things... One you don't have a catch-can or vent filter on the CCV line, your going to the turbo intake (factory setup)... not a good thing in the long term.. under WOT elevated boost, you will dump oil into the turbo and will build up on intake valves due to GDI as there is NO gas cleaning the intakes valves, so I suggest you remove the rubber hose and cap the inglen tube and put a mini fabric filter on CCV or add a catch-can in line with it too.

Also I would suggest adding your spark plugs to your mod list as, ALL tunes must change factory spark plugs or risk many bad things. Denso 5346 or HKS M40iL, personally I run HKS M45iL and clean them up once in a while with K44.
For those not aware (I know you you are Spider55), the factory are VERY hot plugs and have LOTS of exposed porcelain that can break under per-ingnition and spark issues due to too large of a gap. Check out these pics, Factory NGK, Denso 5346, and HKS (Custom made NGK) M45iL side by side. Note all white on factory spark-plug (pre-plug&play) but runs very rich under WOT that you can see on metal. As a side note just as damnfastdd found I also found my factory spark plugs NOT torqued down correctly, took less than 2-3 lbs to break loose.

View attachment 2170
View attachment 2169
Yes, I know about the catch can for the CCV line, I just haven't bought one yet. I've already changed my Spark Plugs a while back to M45iL.

I'm not WOT all the time, I haven't even had my car past 3500 RPM yet. I don't race around on the street, I mod my car to be different. I've been modifying my Sportbikes for years. I know the power is there when I need it. I appreciate you saying something about it though.

Oh by the way, Welcome to the forums...… [cheers]