Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Are 2018 Stingers "safe" to buy?

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Mustang
There are some solid deals out there on 2018 Kia Stinger GT2's, but I'm afraid to purchase a 2018 model due to all the issues I've read about (rattles / squeaks / rotors / paint / etc.). Is there such a thing as a "good to go" 2018 Stinger? Is there a VIN number range I should avoid? Thanks for your time and help.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
If you’re buying a new 2018 it’s 1000% safe from recalls.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
There isn't really a car marketed nowadays "safe" from recalls whether it's mechanical or electronic in nature. It's a series of battles that you pick and choose with any line of any automotive brand. Also, refrain from digging into the vulnerability of the electronic and wireless systems of a typical vehicle in the market today, it might make you not want to own/drive a car anymore [unbelieveable]

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
There are some solid deals out there on 2018 Kia Stinger GT2's, but I'm afraid to purchase a 2018 model due to all the issues I've read about (rattles / squeaks / rotors / paint / etc.). Is there such a thing as a "good to go" 2018 Stinger? Is there a VIN number range I should avoid? Thanks for your time and help.
Most likely you'll be getting a later build which should have addressed some of the problems you listed.

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
Just go for the latest model you can afford. The later, the better in terms of the improvements that will have been made.
As above, no car is perfect. A 7-year warranty (in the UK) helps. But, if you want a Stinger, do it, you will not be disappointed!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
No question that the later the better. Having said that, other than the gearbox issues which Kia fixed, I’ve had zero issues with my 2018. I’m 2 years in, and 19,500 miles, and couldn’t be happier. I’d say that if you test drive one and don’t notice the common issues, the odds are low you’ll land up with them. Secondly, given how good some of these deals are, it’s a steal. You could put aside $3k just in case issues come up and still come out on top depending on mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk