Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 USA Kia Stinger Tuning

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
There were some members that had misfire issues without the upgraded plugs. Upgrading the plug seems to have resolved that problem.
To be fair I don't think anyone has tried the LAP3 AFTER upgrading their plugs. From what I've seen most people have given up on it completely, after having Kia repair their car.

Regarding the HKS plugs themselves, there's a Kia service tech on the other forum that said those plugs are failing as well.

Isuzuperforma, it's imperative that you do your homework before installing ANY tune on your car. Beware, if you install one and your car is damaged it's on you not the tune maker.

If you absolutely must have it there's a member selling one for $250 in the for sale section.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Optima
Wondering if this chip setup will void the warranty. Can it be removed and set to stock with no memory if I need to take it to the dealer for warranty work?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It will not void it and yes it can be removed without leaving any trace. That being said, I would not recommend this piggyback for the 3.3 as there were reports of issues with it from early adopters, most have moved on to other brands.

A quick search here will get you the info you need.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
It will not void it and yes it can be removed without leaving any trace. That being said, I would not recommend this piggyback for the 3.3 as there were reports of issues with it from early adopters, most have moved on to other brands.

A quick search here will get you the info you need.
Are you basing that comment on the initial Lap3 Uncle Chip or on the more recent Lap3 Pro?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Basing it on the initial Lap3 chip, that is the topic of this thread.

Reactions
Does the 2.0T Stinger have an adjustable electronic voltage wastegate actuator as the Optima\Sonata? I've snooped around the forum though I see naught on Stinger 2.0T actuator voltage settings.

The voltage settings appear somewhat written in stone for the Optima, 4.1-4.2V, \Sonata, 3.9-4.0, 2.0T and according to some folks\vendors taboo concerning manipulation. I find this odd as they have no concerns with three levels of higher boost offered with the Uncle chip.

As previously mentioned the middle setting of 755 tends to be considered the safest setting even with E0 93 octane. Does it still imply that actuator V settings are rigid\off limits for experimentation?

I'd love to hear someone explain the function of the electronic actuator and the properties\consequences of lower\higher voltage than oem values that are recommended. I've been told not to venture outside the range, but that fellow only sells piggyback chips. He couldn't explain nor defend his position.

I've gleaned nada on Optima\Sonata forums , so perhaps third time on Stinger forums is the charm.
Feel free to chime in. I'm all ears ...

Last edited: