Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 USA Kia Stinger Tuning

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
This looks really promising folks.

Kia Stinger 3.3TT AWD - Twin Uncle Chip
Base: 292ps/47kgm (288whp/339wtq)
After: 398ps/65kgm (392whp/470wtq)

Uncle Chip Tuning, Uncle Chip Tunes, Unclechip Tune, Performance Chip Tuning
lap3 uncle chip kia stinger, lap3 uncle chip kia stinger gt
Prose Uncle Chip

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Those are indeed impressive numbers

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Really solid gains.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I can see the Stinger approaching 450whp and 500wtq with a few bolt-ons and maybe a larger intercooler.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Great power gains! It's easy when you have a turbo set up. But if you add a ton of power, beware of the weak links in the powertrain and strengthen them.

Rennokas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Estonia
What I Drive
Kia Sportage 2011
Any info for 2.0T numbers ?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That's a shame how detuned this car is for daily driving. In another post, I mentioned how the Santa Fe V6 trim level produces 290hp without the twins. Looks like these two are providing an extra 75 hp in the Stinger, G70, G80, etc. Weak links, like [MENTION=127]stinger1168[/MENTION] mentioned, are probably the reason. I feel like these cars are a experiment to see how it holds up and then they'll be tuned accordingly in future models.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The powertrain weakness reminds me of the early GTRs that blew out the transmission with launch mode.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I have been following LAP3 on instagram for sometime now, the gains are very solid, RWD make 400whp+. I would definitely be interested in more info especially since the car is only a few weeks away, things like,

1. Were the hell do you connect it?
2. Why does the car have two chips?
3. Is this a reflash or is this a piggyback?
4. How much boost is added?
5. What fuel is used on these results?
6. is the car is completely stock?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The powertrain weakness reminds me of the early GTRs that blew out the transmission with launch mode.
I think it will handle 500tq comfortably, the lifespan will reduce as the wear and tear will be greater but I don't think it bolt-on car will pop the tranny. Many 3.8L genesis coupes making high power on the GEN1 8spd stock trans, this car feature the GEN2 8spd which is stronger and this is the same trans used on the K900 V8 which is very heavy.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Anyone remember the V6 Mustang guy who removed the speed limiter on his car and then did a top speed test? I think there might be a youtube video on it. Apparently he was over the 120mph limit and his drive shaft let go. It wasn't pretty... The engine and transmission in the new Stinger might be able to handle the extra power but what is the weak link now? I'm not a mechanic so I have no idea how to find out or what I'm talking about. I hope that these tuning companies have a good idea where the weak links are so you can beef them up. Modifications alone won't void your warranty but if the modification causes a failure, I don't think your warranty will cover the repair. And from what I understand, dealerships can tell if a car had been tuned/reprogrammed even after the tune/reprogramming was removed.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
To answer some of your questions, this is the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune that we sell on our website in the images.

K5 Optima Store is the North American Distributor of the LAP3 Uncle Chip Tune that is shown here.

It is considered a "piggyback tune" as it does not alter the ECU by reflashing. (Which means it is undetectable on the dealership level)

We have been selling this product for turbo Kia & Hyundai vehicles for over 2 years now, with over 600 units sold.

We have already added the option to our site on the LAP3 product page below, to order for the new Stinger model.

LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store (Compatible on both the 2.0T & 3.3T models)

If anyone has any questions about the product and how it works, feel free to reach out anytime. I also suggest reading some of the reviews on our site from actual customers.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
[MENTION=76]Kia Stinger Store[/MENTION] the pictures don't show up.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
To answer some of your questions, this is the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune that we sell on our website in the images.

K5 Optima Store is the North American Distributor of the LAP3 Uncle Chip Tune that is shown here.

It is considered a "piggyback tune" as it does not alter the ECU by reflashing. (Which means it is undetectable on the dealership level)

We have been selling this product for turbo Kia & Hyundai vehicles for over 2 years now, with over 600 units sold.

We have already added the option to our site on the LAP3 product page below, to order for the new Stinger model.

LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store (Compatible on both the 2.0T & 3.3T models)

If anyone has any questions about the product and how it works, feel free to reach out anytime. I also suggest reading some of the reviews on our site from actual customers.

Thank you for participating in this thread and extending the helping hand.

Since this is a piggyback, can you please explain generally how this system works for the 3.3T.

1. How much power are we to expect? On the PROSS insta page they are making 80-100whp more, is this what we should expect on a stock car on 93 pump?

2. Why are some running two chips?

3. How much boost is added in the tune? OEM vs. Tuned?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
[MENTION=76]Kia Stinger Store[/MENTION] the pictures don't show up.
Edited my post to include the photos, thank you for letting me know. Now you should be able to see them.

Thank you for participating in this thread and extending the helping hand.
Absolutely, of course! Considering we are the NA Distributor of the product, that is the least we can do! ;)

Since this is a piggyback, can you please explain generally how this system works for the 3.3T.

1. How much power are we to expect? On the PROSS insta page they are making 80-100whp more, is this what we should expect on a stock car on 93 pump?
The piggyback will change the volatage reading that the ECU sees, in order to safely increase the boost and other parameters of the engine.

Specific details about what is changed is not usually released by the manufacturer, however, closer to the time of release of the vehicle in the US, we will have more information available.

2. Why are some running two chips?
I am not aware of "some running two chips" just one vehicle custom done in Korea only, as far as we know. We inquired about this, and was told this was a custom build, and not something that will be offered for sale to the general public, as of now.

3. How much boost is added in the tune? OEM vs. Tuned?
I do not have that information now, as that is something that will be released closer to the release of the vehicle here in the US.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Sad that there aren't more companies jumping on board and providing more Kia Tuning products.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Sad that there aren't more companies jumping on board and providing more Kia Tuning products.
Agreed, I expected at least some tuners to announce that they are working on something by this stage.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I sent Cobb an email and they said they don't have any plans on developing products for the Stinger. [bawling]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
Agreed, I expected at least some tuners to announce that they are working on something by this stage.
I sent Cobb an email and they said they don't have any plans on developing products for the Stinger. [bawling]
The vehicle has not even been released yet in the US, so how would the tuning companies be able to have the vehicle to begin testing?

I'm sure there will be plenty of companies that will be tuning the Stinger, but in due time. As of now LAP3 making nearly 52hp on the 2.0L and nearly 85hp on the 3.3TT model, that is plently of power for the car.

However, I am sure that some of the bigger tuners will come out here in the US once the car has been out and about for a few months.