Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 USA Kia Stinger Tuning

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
What is the difference between the single and the dual chip models?

If this is just MAP sensor modification it is no wonder people are burning though plugs.
I believe that's what it does. Two Lap3 chips connected to the map sensor near the intake.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
85 Celebrity, For The Win! I had one in white, red cloth benches front and back. What a POS.
Hahahaha

Just one of the mistakes that GM wishes would dissolve into history!

Bet they don't bring THAT name back! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
I believe that's what it does. Two Lap3 chips connected to the map sensor near the intake.
So someone has stacked the LAP3 boxes, asking for double the change amount? I would expect that to have issues. The LAP3 connects to the MAP and TIP sensors only.

Gadfly

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
So someone has stacked the LAP3 boxes, asking for double the change amount? I would expect that to have issues. The LAP3 connects to the MAP and TIP sensors only.
I really have no understanding of what the dual chip solution does. I have heard so much conflicting info about what the Uncle chip does.

Maybe one of you can confirm how many MAP and TIP sensors are on the 3.3tt? In watching the install video, it appears the single chip solution only modifying the single from a single MAP and TIP sensor, in which case it would make sense that the dual chip is modifying output from both MAP sensors?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
There is a reason they there is limited info. I know what the dual chip does and why two are used but since PROSS/LAP3 has chosen to not relay the info to the US vendor I won?t either. For now just don?t worry about the second chip and run one setting lower than the vendor recommended

Gadfly

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
There is a reason they there is limited info. I know what the dual chip does and why two are used but since PROSS/LAP3 has chosen to not relay the info to the US vendor I won?t either. For now just don?t worry about the second chip and run one setting lower than the vendor recommended
To be honest the single chip solution does not seem to work that well, the boost drop off on the single chip solutions is pretty bad, where on the dyno for the dual chip it is much better.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States

Any idea what's the reason behind the limited info?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Any idea what's the reason behind the limited info?
Some of it is related to lack of translation (difficulty communicating). I'm trying to get to the bottom of this since so many of you have been interested in it!

We are working on looking into an upgraded plug option for the 3.3TT users since there seem to be a few cases of premature plug fouling in BOTH chipped users and members on a 100% stock set up.

Thanks

-Paul

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Some of it is related to lack of translation (difficulty communicating). I'm trying to get to the bottom of this since so many of you have been interested in it!

We are working on looking into an upgraded plug option for the 3.3TT users since there seem to be a few cases of premature plug fouling in BOTH chipped users and members on a 100% stock set up.

Thanks

-Paul
Who are these people experiencing issues with plugs and no chip? I haven't seen any posts here or on the other forum about that. Link?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
2nd that

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
3rd that

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
The OP of that post didn't say his car is stock (it COULD be, we just don't know).

The other poster in that thread that has had spark plug problems has said his issues started with the LAP3.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
UPDATE:

For those using the chip we have confirmed the upgraded plugs for the 3.3TT to be HKS M45iL, this should be the solution for customers using the chip with the 3.3TT.

Price is $180.00 shipped on (6) HKS M45iL plugs, anyone can email us Sales@K8StingerStore.com to place an order

Those using the 2.0T need to upgrade to the HKS M45XL

HKS M45XL Spark Plugs

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Interesting, at the beginning nothing was said about needing different plugs, even when it was asked.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
Interesting, at the beginning nothing was said about needing different plugs, even when it was asked.
I apologize for this, at first we were informed that the plugs on the Stinger were more than sufficient to handle the increased boost from the LAP3 Uncle Chip Tune. We had only had a couple of customers mention having issues with the plugs, so we doublechecked with LAP3 & they have recommended the HKS M45IL plugs to correct this issue. We will be updating our website to clearly indicate this information regarding the Kia Stinger.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER GT
To answer some of your questions, this is the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune that we sell on our website in the images.

K5 Optima Store is the North American Distributor of the LAP3 Uncle Chip Tune that is shown here.

It is considered a "piggyback tune" as it does not alter the ECU by reflashing. (Which means it is undetectable on the dealership level)

We have been selling this product for turbo Kia & Hyundai vehicles for over 2 years now, with over 600 units sold.

We have already added the option to our site on the LAP3 product page below, to order for the new Stinger model.

LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store (Compatible on both the 2.0T & 3.3T models)

If anyone has any questions about the product and how it works, feel free to reach out anytime. I also suggest reading some of the reviews on our site from actual customers.

I absolutely HAVE to have this in my life...and I shall...yes yes I shall. I am so excited reading this! Now I know where to get it...THANKS!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I absolutely HAVE to have this in my life...and I shall...yes yes I shall. I am so excited reading this! Now I know where to get it...THANKS!!
Don?t forget to get the recommended HKS spark plugs too.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER GT
Don?t forget to get the recommended HKS spark plugs too.
I didn't know about that...thanks! So the tune works best with the HKS plugs? Where is that info at?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER GT
I see the spark plug info now...got it!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I didn't know about that...thanks! So the tune works best with the HKS plugs? Where is that info at?
There were some members that had misfire issues without the upgraded plugs. Upgrading the plug seems to have resolved that problem.