Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 USA Kia Stinger Tuning

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Typically these systems uses the MAP, rail and boost sensors to fool the ECM in thinking it's lower that it actually is. In return the ECM increases the fuel pressure to the injectors for a higher flow rate to compensate for the lower sensor readings. These setups work fairly well to a point. There are limits due to the maximum output for the high pressure pump, injector flow rate and the turbo's efficiency map. Last thing you would want is having the system fuel mixture lean out, and cook the turbos from high drive pressure, both would be bad news.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Hi K8 Stinger Store. How about modifying the transmission mode a bit. I'd lover to pull on both paddles to go into a full manual mode while staying in whatever gear I'm in. Then it's full manual until you pull on both paddles again and it goes into auto again. It drives me nuts that it keeps upshifting or downshifting when I just want it to stay in gear. If it has to downshift automatically as you are slowing to a stop rather than stall, okay I'll forgive that. But every time I want to engine brake in stop and go it upshifts just as I take my foot off the throttle, or going downhill. Can do? The ultimate chip would give me 410 hp and full manual if you pull both paddles. Pull both on. Pull both off. That would be CQQL

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Kia Optima SX, 1972 911 Targa
For example; the Optima that Kia runs in the Pirelli WC races with the 415HP are actually snapping the drive axles on occasion. Motor handles it just fine but the axles delivering it struggle.
How is that racing Optima holding traction? From tires alone? I could get tire spin and fish-nosing with decent tires at various times and conditions without any mods. Many other Optima owners have mentioned this also. This is one of the major reasons why I traded in for the AWD 2.0T Stinger, especially in rainy and sometimes snowy Seattle.

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Going to install my lap3 uncle chip on my kia stinger gt2. Wanted to find out if if the spark plugs need to be upgraded. I know that my kia optima ST had to be changed. Does anyone know about the kia stinger gt??

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Going to install my lap3 uncle chip on my kia stinger gt2. Wanted to find out if if the spark plugs need to be upgraded. I know that my kia optima ST had to be changed. Does anyone know about the kia stinger gt??
It sounds like the plugs in the GT are more than strong enough for the car based on a thread from this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I was thinking the same. Just wanted to make sure.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Lap3/PROSS in Korea has informed us that the factory plugs do not need to be replaced to run the Lap3 chip

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
That is great news. When will k8stingerstore be up and running?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
That is great news. When will k8stingerstore be up and running?
We were hoping our programmers would have it ready before the end of the Jan but its looking like the first week of Feb is the deadline! CANT WAIT :D

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'99 BMW 540iTA
Typically these systems uses the MAP, rail and boost sensors to fool the ECM in thinking it's lower that it actually is. In return the ECM increases the fuel pressure to the injectors for a higher flow rate to compensate for the lower sensor readings. These setups work fairly well to a point. There are limits due to the maximum output for the high pressure pump, injector flow rate and the turbo's efficiency map. Last thing you would want is having the system fuel mixture lean out, and cook the turbos from high drive pressure, both would be bad news.
Ever hear any more about this? A 400+WHP piggyback with a anti-nanny Trans piggyback (maybe with some settings for shift ferocity) would be a great combo

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
be careful when running this chip and be sure the quality of gas you are using is matching of the setting.

I already destroyed 3 plugs and a coil pack on my stinger for having too high of a setting. Until Torque or dash command have the correct PIDs to monitor knock at each cylinder i would recommend not using them or running them at a setting lower than recommended for your fuel.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
be careful when running this chip and be sure the quality of gas you are using is matching of the setting.

I already destroyed 3 plugs and a coil pack on my stinger for having too high of a setting. Until Torque or dash command have the correct PIDs to monitor knock at each cylinder i would recommend not using them or running them at a setting lower than recommended for your fuel.
So, you were running the chip at a higher octane rating that the fuel you used and you burned through those plugs?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
So, you were running the chip at a higher octane rating that the fuel you used and you burned through those plugs?
There is no issue running a higher octane than what the chip is set to, however, you should never run a lower octane than what it is set to.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
There is no issue running a higher octane than what the chip is set to, however, you should never run a lower octane than what it is set to.
Good Talk! LOL

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT

We burnt through 2 plugs and are waiting for a coil pack also. We ran the car strictly on 93octane and still had these issues, we shouldn't have had these issues as the highest setting is for 93octane.

Do you remember which cylinder the plugs and coil pack you had a problem with?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Cyl 1 which would be the first one on the passenger side

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
So even having your lap3 set to 666 and adding 93 octain, the cyl. Still malfunctioned

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
So even having your lap3 set to 666 and adding 93 octain, the cyl. Still malfunctioned
Our car was always run on 93. In our case one plug went bad, so we removed the LAP3 and replaced all 6 plugs just to be safe, car ran good for a day or so than we started getting the same sputtering issues at part throttle. The dealer diagnosed the car and said that most likely the coil needs to be replaced, they have one on order and hopefully that will solve our problem.

Not to sound like I am bad mouthing LAP3, but people need to understand that the Stinger is a new platform and it will take time for issues to show up and be solved. I am sure as more chips are sold and installed more problems will show up and in return solutions will be found, and these solutions will be recommended as mandatory requirements along with installing a chip in the future.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
*Fingers crossed, knock on wood*. I've had mine on for about 10 days/300 miles and been beating on it pretty hard with no issues so far. Hopefully it will keep running smoothly and keep amazing me with that incredible power.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
My recommendation is to run ?91 setting? with 93 oct fuel and run ?89 setting? with 91 oct fuel.