Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

When will you perform the first oil change?

When will you perform the first oil change?

• 1,000 Miles

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • 2,000 Miles

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 3,000 Miles

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 4,000 Miles

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 5,000 Miles

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • 6,000 Miles

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • 7,000 Miles

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 8,000 Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Where did you see in the manual the 600 mile should be the fist oil change. I have looked in the user manual and can?t find it.

Thanks
It just tells you to take it easy on the engine for the first 600 miles, nothing about oil changes.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
I'll be doing my first oil change at 5k

Mops

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
4000 miles is when I plan on doing mine.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[bigcry] ....I want a Stinger to change the oil on....

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
[bigcry] ....I want a Stinger to change the oil on....
I know where you can find one!!! [raceflag] Go for it!

I started my oil change plan a while back and plan to follow something similar. This engine could well be hard on oil, but any good synthetic should be safe for our engines at 6,000 mile oil change interval (if a spec oil).
My 1st change - at 1000 miles

Bob is the oil guy oil forum (BITOG) is a great place to learn more about oil than you need to know. People talk oil there [woot][woot] and many log their oil analysis results and intervals. Some take it too far, but any oil questions can be asked.
I was warned that this engine holds a fair bit of oil that normal changes will not drain (Someone please correct this if wrong), so I plan to keep mine safe (good oil) and protect that warranty.

MurlinatoR- go buy you a Stinger, you'd like it...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I know where you can find one!!! [raceflag] Go for it!

I started my oil change plan a while back and plan to follow something similar. This engine could well be hard on oil, but any good synthetic should be safe for our engines at 6,000 mile oil change interval (if a spec oil).
My 1st change - at 1000 miles

Bob is the oil guy oil forum (BITOG) is a great place to learn more about oil than you need to know. People talk oil there [woot][woot] and many log their oil analysis results and intervals. Some take it too far, but any oil questions can be asked.
I was warned that this engine holds a fair bit of oil that normal changes will not drain (Someone please correct this if wrong), so I plan to keep mine safe (good oil) and protect that warranty.

MurlinatoR- go buy you a Stinger, you'd like it...
You are correct. The 3.3L has a NINE quart capacity. Between the oil cooler and the coolant lines in the heads and turbo's, it holds quite a bit.

Last edited:

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
You are correct. The 3.3L has a NINE quart capacity. Between the oil cooler and the coolant lines in the heads and turbo's hold quite a bit.
[thankyou]
Good info to know, I appreciate you confirming it. This oil staying in system really is not a problem until people start stretching the changes beyond normal.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
If the 3.3T holds 9 quarts, then how much does the oil pan hold for changing? I have a trip this weekend and I'm thinking of doing my own oil change as I used to on my A5. I always buy mobile 1, just have to source the filter for it.

My A5 took a 7 qt oil change, are our cars at that point as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
You are correct. The 3.3L has a NINE quart capacity. Between the oil cooler and the coolant lines in the heads and turbo's, it holds quite a bit.
Interesting to know...

I rudely skipped to the last page, but voted 1k miles. Oil changes on new cars is such a widely varying and practically opinionated subject, but I'll be switching to Royal Purple which has been my oil of choice for well over a decade. I've also always done my first oil change at 1k, and then every 5k from then on. I'm usually pretty justified because I do take care of my cars just as much as I push them to their limits with mods... Though, I'm a bit more hesitant with the Stinger and intend to stop around 500HP. [unsurelaugh]

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
I changed oil at 5k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Did mine at 6k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myharpoon

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger AWD GT1
I'm doing my first at 1K (free oil change by dealer). Then at 6K (also by dealer with 50% off coupon from Costco vehicle purchase program). Then every 6K (or sooner) after that at my local independent shop under their lifetime synthetic oil change program.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
No wonder my dealer charges $80 to change the oil.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Had mine changed at 5k

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
There's no monitor on oil is there? Just uvo app?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Did my mine at 5k last week. first free oil change from the dealer. plan on sticking to every 5k like i have with my other cars.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
There's no monitor on oil is there? Just uvo app?
Hey [MENTION=1407]stingerct[/MENTION] & [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION], this is actually incorrect. LOL

ALL Stinger's have a monitor that will watch both miles and months for a service monitor. It is located in the settings of your center driver assistance screen between the tach and the speedo.

Simply to to the settings page (3rd icon-sprocket), toggle down to the service interval, and then adjust it to 5,000 miles or 4 months and click save!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Interesting.... How do you reset it when the oil change has been done?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Interesting.... How do you reset it when the oil change has been done?
There's an option to reset the monitor in the adjustment settings. The technicians always reset it in our store once the service is completed.