Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What' the best way to clean floor mats without damaging it?

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
My floor mats are disgusting from all the mud and salt. What's a good way to clean them without causing too much damage to the fiber?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I've used the Turtle Wax Power Out! carpet and mats cleaner. It works great and didn't seem to damage the fiber

THCHAD

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
When I used to detail cars back in the day, we used a power washer with soap and sprayed them out. We would actually take the entire carpet out of some cars and do this. They came out really good. I have done this on every car I have owned since. The down side is they do take a while to dry. However, now I just take them out and replace them with quality floor liners.

Chad

keyreaper

Reactions
Usually start with a vacuum and then if it's really bad pull them out spray with some Meguiars APC 5:1 and pressure wash and hang to dry. I've invested in tuxmat for my stinger now though so it's easier to clean than ever. Some apc and a microfiber.

Reactions
buy weathertech mats then you can just power wash them.