Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who does their own oil changes and Stinger maintenance at home?

Who does their own oil changes and Stinger maintenance at home?

• I do

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Anyone else do their own oil changes and Stinger maintenance at home?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I do, I have a buddy that owns his own shop, so I go their to change my oil and install aftermarket parts.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Well, probably not on the Stinger because it had its first oil change at the KIA dealer where it was purchased and it's complimentary. I change oil on my other 5 cars myself, but it's performed at the Toyota dealership that employs me (free use of a 2-post lift and on-site used oil and filter disposal).

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
I am doing all of my maintenance on my own.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Yep - do all my own work. First oil change done already. I was fortunate to get a 2post lift recently, but it was in-use for awhile when I had to change stinger oil so I built some wood ramps. I also installed new plugs and oil CC so far. I think there's a decent # of folks on these forums doing their own work to create helpful pictures and videos (thanks all). I'll be posting some soon

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
I like to do it myself, so I know it is done correctly.

I use the oil and filter I want not what they have.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Been doing it myself since the first one.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
I used to do all my oil changes myself on my Honda SI. Since trading it in on my 2019 GT1 the dealer was kind enough to give to free oil and filter changes.. I told them I would supply the oil and they put a Kia oil filter in.i can't seem to find a high quality oil filter. Changing the oil from the Honda was real easy not so on the stinger. Stevo GT1

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Yes I do my own. I just don’t trust the dealer service department. Plus Only run full synthetic oil and most dealer use a blend I’m told.

Reactions
Looking forward to doing my own - so far looking at 3500-4000 miles per year, 5K max. Dealership offers “lifetime” power train warranty if they see it once a year. Only one oil change so far at the dealer, I use an extractor at home - anyone able to confirm the true capacity? My C63 had over a liter in the external oil cooler so I just want to know if I’m getting the right amount out. Thanks

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Looking forward to doing my own - so far looking at 3500-4000 miles per year,
LOL That's about how many miles everybody is going to drive this year, probably less. I've put 100 miles on my car in 8 weeks an 3 of the time I drove it was to go get Starbucks, just to drive my car....

Reactions
Haha I hear you - but traditionally/not during nationwide hysteria I still only do 3-3500 per year. Work from home so it pays off

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Haha I hear you - but traditionally/not during nationwide hysteria I still only do 3-3500 per year. Work from home so it pays of
I don't work so that's about how many miles I drive a year, this year is going to be really low.