Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Getting Kia tire and wheel protection plan after leasing the car

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 (Red)
Well, with under 140 miles on my 2 days old 2019 GT2 and I just blew out a tire on a pothole. My dealership doesn't carry the "Kia tire and wheel protection plan" but something else (Portfolio Express 5). Is it possible to get it from another dealer and how much does it cost?

Attachments

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
How much does your dealer charge for the plan? Sometimes it's cheaper to just pay the lease fines than to purchase the warranty

OP
C

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
OP
C

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
It was like $800 for 36 months BUT the company doing the warranty has really bad reviews even though the salesman said he was not aware of any problems with paying them.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Check with [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] to see if there are any better warranty.

OP
C

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey [MENTION=1521]chia9876[/MENTION], happy Friday!

Yeah, I feel your pain. I've actually cut TWO tires in the last month on potholes out here and I've got the 19" rims.

Unfortunately, virtually every tire and rim coverage you find will require it to be purchased at the time of purchase.

OP
C

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
Oh boy!!!!! Time to buy a backup car!!! Massachusetts has terrible roads, looks like the face of the moon. Thanks for the info [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]!!