Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Great thread everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lrvanallen View Post
    Hi...well it is really cold here today, but I just wanted to be sure. I already had pulled out and looked at the little white plastic dipstick in the coolant tank to check the level a couple of weeks ago after I first took delivery, and remember seeing green, as I was curious then if I could use the same coolant as my Optima. But, just to be sure, this time I carefully and slowly pulled the dipstick out and re-examined the color. It definitely still looks green on this dipstick, and it also still looks green through the plastic coolant tank, so I am now totally convinced that the Stinger does take the typical green coolant. It is definitely not blue, or even a sickly yellow....the coolant is green...
    Thanks for doing this @lrvanallen

Staff Team 287 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robz32 View Post
    IIRC the coolant color is blue.

What ever you use do not pour the green one in there, as it has be aluminum compatible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    LOLOLOLOL

I'm gonna give a *PASS* on this one as a brain fart and call it washer fluid....

Staff Team 407 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!....hey I have nothing but Nissan's on my garage and they use the blue color coolant, so that maybe where the confusion came from, however I am going to check the reservoir on the Stinger once I get home to find out exactly what color is it.

Staff Team 287 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robz32 View Post
    LOL!!....hey I have nothing but Nissan's on my garage and they use the blue color coolant, so that maybe where the confusion came from, however I am going to check the reservoir on the Stinger once I get home to find out exactly what color is it.
    I think it was GREEN until you topped it off with blue and turned it teal.... ;-)

Staff Team 407 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily I have yet to top it off, but now that you mention it, that would be a cool looking color for the coolant

Administrator
    Staff Team 77 Rep Points KiaFan's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by murlinator View Post
    i think it was green until you topped it off with blue and turned it teal.... ;-)
    lol.
    Want a free KiaStinger.org decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - YouTube - Tumblr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12