Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What brand coolant does Kia use in the Stinger?

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Looking to top off the coolant reservoir tank. Can someone share what brand coolant Kia uses?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Take off the radiator cap an see what color it is or get the coolant that can be used in both colors. The guys at auto zone or where ever you go will tell you what to use or just buy some distilled water an poor it into the overflow tank.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
IIRC the coolant color is blue.

What ever you use do not pour the green one in there, as it has be aluminum compatible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
They sell Kia OEM Antifreeze on ebay but I'm not sure if it's the same stuff in our cars.
MPN: UM040CH012
UPC: 0748774302592

lrvanallen

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KiaStinger Premium
Looks just like the same green coolant I have been using in my Optima. I just usually buy the WalMart gallon jugs, then drain & fill the radiator once a year, while doing all my other annual fluids regular maintenance.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
So is it blue or green, its been too cold for me to check haha.

lrvanallen

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KiaStinger Premium
Hi...well it is really cold here today, but I just wanted to be sure. I already had pulled out and looked at the little white plastic dipstick in the coolant tank to check the level a couple of weeks ago after I first took delivery, and remember seeing green, as I was curious then if I could use the same coolant as my Optima. But, just to be sure, this time I carefully and slowly pulled the dipstick out and re-examined the color. It definitely still looks green on this dipstick, and it also still looks green through the plastic coolant tank, so I am now totally convinced that the Stinger does take the typical green coolant. It is definitely not blue, or even a sickly yellow....the coolant is green...

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
Great thread everyone.

Hi...well it is really cold here today, but I just wanted to be sure. I already had pulled out and looked at the little white plastic dipstick in the coolant tank to check the level a couple of weeks ago after I first took delivery, and remember seeing green, as I was curious then if I could use the same coolant as my Optima. But, just to be sure, this time I carefully and slowly pulled the dipstick out and re-examined the color. It definitely still looks green on this dipstick, and it also still looks green through the plastic coolant tank, so I am now totally convinced that the Stinger does take the typical green coolant. It is definitely not blue, or even a sickly yellow....the coolant is green...
Thanks for doing this [MENTION=2090]lrvanallen[/MENTION]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
IIRC the coolant color is blue.

What ever you use do not pour the green one in there, as it has be aluminum compatible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
LOLOLOLOL

I'm gonna give a *PASS* on this one as a brain fart and call it washer fluid....

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
LOL!!....hey I have nothing but Nissan's on my garage and they use the blue color coolant[:p], so that maybe where the confusion came from[dunno], however I am going to check the reservoir on the Stinger once I get home to find out exactly what color is it.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
LOL!!....hey I have nothing but Nissan's on my garage and they use the blue color coolant[:p], so that maybe where the confusion came from[dunno], however I am going to check the reservoir on the Stinger once I get home to find out exactly what color is it.
I think it was GREEN until you topped it off with blue and turned it teal.... ;-)

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[giggle]Luckily I have yet to top it off, but now that you mention it, that would be a cool looking color for the coolant[:)]