Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's the best way to remove water spots?

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I had the Stinger parked outside for a month and now there are hard water spots on the car. Washed it twice already and I'm still not able to get rid of it.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Hard to say what will work, as the harness of the water plays an important role. Nonetheless there are a few liquids you can try before doing polishing.

[video=youtube;SNPtBeyOlNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPtBeyOlNA[/video]

If you decide to go with the wheel acid route be very careful, I would wash the car again after application, to make sure any left over acid mixture is completely gone, and apply a coat of protection.

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Try a claybar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Good luck! Mine came from the dealer with water spots. I clayed it and was able to remove them. Then polished and coated so they don’t come back hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Hopkinton
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger
My last two cars were black, ( a 2011 Optima lx and a 2015 Optima SXL). My 2021 Stinger is snow white pearl, which makes the water spots harder to see. Kind of a double edged sword.