Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger 2019 Canadian Car of the Year

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

Feb. 18, 2019; Today, the Kia Stinger was announced as the 2019 Canadian Car of the Year and the Jaguar I-Pace as the 2019 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year, as selected by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC). The Jaguar I-Pace has the distinction of being the first fully electric vehicle ever to be chosen for an overall award by AJAC member journalists.

The two vehicles were awarded with Canada's highest automotive accolades at the opening ceremonies of the Canadian International AutoShow in Toronto. This followed months of testing and evaluation on roads and conditions from coast to coast by nearly 70 of the country's most-esteemed automotive journalists. The decision followed two rounds of voting scored anonymously on many different factors, including performance, features, technology, design, fuel consumption and value.

These winners were selected from across 55 entries, including last year's category winners and this year's next-generation or significantly updated vehicles. Voting data was collected anonymously from more than 1,500 ballots.

"It gives us great pride to declare the Kia Stinger to be the Canadian Car of the Year, and the Jaguar I-Pace to be the Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year, for 2019," said AJAC President Mark Richardson. "AJAC journalists are among the most objective and discerning automotive professionals in the country, and the fact that these two vehicles have risen to the top of our vigorous testing and voting protocol means that they're truly among the best available to Canadian buyers."

About the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC)

The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) is an association of professional journalists, writers, photographers, and corporate members whose focus is the automobile and the Canadian automotive industry. Collectively, our primary objectives are to promote, encourage, support, and facilitate professionalism in Canadian automotive journalism and to ensure factual and ethical reporting about the automobile and automotive issues to Canadian consumers. This is achieved through the work of our members and AJAC's annual vehicle testing and evaluation events, the Canadian Car of the Year and Utility Vehicle of the Year Awards (CCOTY and CUVOTY), Innovation Awards, and EcoRun.

doozerd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
Anyone know why the Stinger wasn't part of the 2018 testing? Usually AJAC tests new cars in their first year of production...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Anyone know why the Stinger wasn't part of the 2018 testing? Usually AJAC tests new cars in their first year of production...
I think it might be due the the Stinger not being release in time.