Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people would still recommend a Stinger to a friend or family member?

How many people would still recommend a Stinger to a friend or family member?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I’m not who you asked to respond, but I drive to work on some days and take the subway on others. When I drive in, the best I’ve gotten even in ECO mode and purposely light driving is 19MPG, and I get 17 to 18 more often. Granted this is in rush hour, but I do think that this car’s only real weakness is its MPG. On the other hand, like the person who noted this issue, I too had a G35, and it’s mileage was even worse at the time on the same commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should add my G35 was an ‘06 too with the 5 speed auto. The G37 improved things with a 7 speed gearbox and higher gearing.

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
I should add my G35 was an ‘06 too with the 5 speed auto. The G37 improved things with a 7 speed gearbox and higher gearing.

Not my experience at all the G35 got better gas mileage for me. Could be the gearbox mine was a 6 speed manual. Could be the autostop feature I didn't and don't drive in any traffic. That feature is useless to me. Just a way for Obama to continue to annoy me long after his regulatory dictatorship is over

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Not my experience at all the G35 got better gas mileage for me. Could be the gearbox mine was a 6 speed manual. Could be the autostop feature I didn't and don't drive in any traffic. That feature is useless to me. Just a way for Obama to continue to annoy me long after his regulatory dictatorship is over
Probably the gearbox then. Mine was the auto.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I’m not who you asked to respond, but I drive to work on some days and take the subway on others. When I drive in, the best I’ve gotten even in ECO mode and purposely light driving is 19MPG, and I get 17 to 18 more often. Granted this is in rush hour, but I do think that this car’s only real weakness is its MPG. On the other hand, like the person who noted this issue, I too had a G35, and it’s mileage was even worse at the time on the same commute.

Well I don't know what to say about other peoples MPG but I drove back from the car show last night "city streets" an the car was telling me 25MPG. I don't drive on the freeway because of rock chips, don't want them. Here's a picture of my dash....

20190331_074153.jpg

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Well I don't know what to say about other peoples MPG but I drove back from the car show last night "city streets" an the car was telling me 25MPG. I don't drive on the freeway because of rock chips, don't want them. Here's a picture of my dash....

View attachment 2217
I just drove almost all highway in ECO mode, no faster than 65MPH

That’s the best I could do. I was on cruise control most of the way.

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
Maybe I'm being hopeful but in my 15 GTI mileage started out around 23-24 mpg but creeped up to 26-27 by the time I got rid of the car. I remember when I first got the car thinking jeeze my G35 coupe with V6 got just as good mileage but then later maybe when the car had 10-15K miles I noticed the mpg had gotten better. I figured it had something to do with the engine breaking in.

I'll tell you one thing for sure there is no way in hell I could get 25mpg in this car right now. I have around 1200 miles

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
That's all I have on my car, 1198 miles.

De Sting

Reactions
Ever since Holden and Ford got rid of our car manufacturing in Australia, it’s really left a hole for us car enthusiasts as we no longer have a market for V8s and hardly anything in the 6cyl range unless you want to spend over 100k for a euro car. Well over the past 3 years I’ve had my eyes on the Chrysler 300 SRT, however, after seeing the Stinger GT my mind has changed. This car is so refined and well put together, KIA should really feel proud.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Ever since Holden and Ford got rid of our car manufacturing in Australia, it’s really left a hole for us car enthusiasts as we no longer have a market for V8s and hardly anything in the 6cyl range unless you want to spend over 100k for a euro car. Well over the past 3 years I’ve had my eyes on the Chrysler 300 SRT, however, after seeing the Stinger GT my mind has changed. This car is so refined and well put together, KIA should really feel proud.
Yeah, I would definitely take the Stinger over the Challenger or other US V8s. Frankly I'd take it over the Holden V8 too. Although I only test drove the Chevy SS version and Pontiac GTO versions.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

De Sting

Reactions
With all the problems some of us went through...from paint chips, build quality issues, recalls to TSB's. How many would still recommend the Stinger to a friend or family?
Recalls aren’t necessarily bad. I actually see it as being good and proactive. Despite these problems, KIA has looked after its customers by either refund or fixing the problems. If you think that’s bad, feel sorry for the people who bought the 5.7ltr Hemi’s and early 6.4ltr Hemi’s from FCA which had the lifter failure issue due to their MDS system. FCA knew for years about this and did nothing to fix it between 2006 and 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
With all the problems some of us went through...from paint chips, build quality issues, recalls to TSB's. How many would still recommend the Stinger to a friend or family?
I have a black 2018 GT2. I've had 1 recall. For a 1st year model, this car has been extremely reliable. I haven't had build quality issues or rattles either. But I'd say Kia is likely fixing issues and I'd still highly recommend it for folks looking for a fast, luxurious, GT car. Particularly those who want a hatchback. Frankly at this stage my top two cars I recommend to driving enthusiasts are this and the Genesis G70, with the latter being what I recommend to folks who don't need the hatchback and don't mind the firmer ride.

For some context, I had a 2006 BMW 330i. First model year for the E90 3 series. It spent 2 months in the shop year 1 and I ended up trading it at a lost for an Infinite G35. I've had my Stinger in the shop twice for a day or two each time in it's first year and 13k miles outside of the regular oil change.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Comparable BMW and Audis are no different and may require more dealer visits. I’d recommend a Stinger.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
I would recommend. Only issue I have had has been rotors.

Reactions
I didn't have to recommend. The test drives convinced them.

Reactions
City
Bella Vista
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
18 GT2 AWD. Had it 2 months now. Bought it with 11.5 k on it and all PITA stuff taken care of. I love it. I get 20 when I whip it hard and recently did a 500 mile road trip 90% hiway running 80-85 most of the time and got 24.5.

I recommend it to all who listen but most are happy with their clone-a-cars.