Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

After market control arms?

celwin

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Infiniti
Are there any after market front and rear control arms for this car? Lowering no matter how slight will affect camber and tire wear. So before going down the springs/coilovers route, need to know if there are adjustable front and rear control arms for this car?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The car being stock should have camber adjustment, its not a huge amount but some. If you buy lowering springs you should be fine, now if you want to slam it to the ground then your going to have a problem with camber. If you buy coilovers you can adjust for camber at the top of the coilover it self.

OP
C

celwin

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Infiniti
Thread Starter #3
You're certain of stock arms allowing for adjustments. Asking because not all cars allows camber adjustment stock. Infiniti being an example. I don't have the Stinger yet so I can't physically confirm for myself.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The rear has camber adjustment. The front doesn't - at least not explicitly that I can tell.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
You're certain of stock arms allowing for adjustments. Asking because not all cars allows camber adjustment stock. Infiniti being an example. I don't have the Stinger yet so I can't physically confirm for myself.
The adjustment is not going to come from the stock arms. Manufactures install camber bolts on the front struts. Its the two bolts that connect the hub or rotor to the strut, even my 2006 Nissan Altima had adjustable camber from the factory. If your not sure take your car to your mechanic and have him look at the bolts on the struts to see if they're adjustable.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The adjustment is not going to come from the stock arms. Manufactures install camber bolts on the front struts. Its the two bolts that connect the hub or rotor to the strut, even my 2006 Nissan Altima had adjustable camber from the factory. If your not sure take your car to your mechanic and have him look at the bolts on the struts to see if they're adjustable.
Clearly you haven't looked under your car yet.....

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Clearly you haven't looked under your car yet.....
Your right I didn't look at the front of the car, I did find out that when the vehicle comes from the manufacture, they don't put camber bolts on the front of the car because of the cost pure vehicle. So again, you can buy camber bolts if you want to lower your car but if you slam it then the bolts won't work.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Where have you seen camber bolts for the Stinger? I haven't seen anything outside of the coilover community - and there it's part of the upper mount.
I haven't removed a lower arm, but I suspect the entire front suspension is hard mounted - non adjustable.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I see what you mean now by no camber adjustment, I've never had a car that had struts like the ones on the stinger. The next time I'm over at my buddies shop I will ask him how you are suppose to adjust for camber when you install lowering springs.

IMG_029W.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I did talk to my buddy that is a mechanic, he took a look at my car and told me you either have to buy coilovers that have the camber adjustment on top of the strut or buy a universal camber kit that attaches to the top of the OEM strut. The picture of the camber plate is not for the stinger its just to show you what they look like. Personally I would rather have the coilover suspension, like the ARK Performance DT-P Coilovers. Hopefully this helps!!!!

61qz0VDuB2L._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I did talk to my buddy that is a mechanic, he took a look at my car and told me you either have to buy coilovers that have the camber adjustment on top of the strut or buy a universal camber kit that attaches to the top of the strut. The picture of the camber plate is not for the stinger its just to show you what they look like. Personally I would rather have the coilover suspension, like the ARK Performance DT-P Coilovers. Hopefully this helps!!!!

View attachment 2101
How would you make the adjustments? Drill a hole?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
No, you would take the hat off the strut an put the adjustable one on. The four bolts on each side of the hole, you loosen those so it can side for positive and negative camber.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Heres what it looks like on the ARK coilover.

Kia_Stinger_ARK_Performance_DT-P_Coilovers_4_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Gotcha.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Very nice, to bad the website isn't in English. Looks like nice quality.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great find [MENTION=525]Nasty1[/MENTION]

Now we need the front set.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
From the high-res photos they look really good.

OP
C

celwin

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Infiniti
Thread Starter #20
Exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread. I already knew about coilovers that allowed camber adjustment.