Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you bought from Galpin Kia in LA - Warning

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just a warning for anyone who purchased at the now closed Galpin Kia and using Galpin for service. I purchased my Stinger from Galpin last August. I called them regarding service (I also had a free oil change) and they told me their Galpin Mazda dealership were handling all Kias now. However I would recommend you stay as far away as possible after my experience a few days ago. Dropped off at 1:30pm for its first service, after two hours I was told 5 more minutes, after another 30 minutes the service advisor asked my why i hadn't got my car yet and 30 minutes later he came back to tell me that another customer HAD TAKEN MY CAR!!! Some kid in his 20's who dropped off his old White Mazda 5 somehow did the paperwork, was handed my key, got to my car, drove to the exit, the security guard who scans the VIN and cross checks it opens the gate and off he goes. After several phone calls from the dealership, nearly two hours and 67 miles of joyriding he returns. At this point I'm obviously PISSED! Apparently he didnt notice the difference between an old white Mazda 5 and a 2018 Silver Stinger!!! I'm checking the car inside and out and next thing I see him drive away in his car, the service manager just let him go. He then had the balls to tell me "obviously we'll give you a full tank of gas to make things right".....WTF? Needless to say this isn't over. I've not heard great things about Glendale or Downtown but needless to say I won't be going back to Galpin.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayemaich View Post
    Just a warning for anyone who purchased at the now closed Galpin Kia and using Galpin for service. I purchased my Stinger from Galpin last August. I called them regarding service (I also had a free oil change) and they told me their Galpin Mazda dealership were handling all Kias now. However I would recommend you stay as far away as possible after my experience a few days ago. Dropped off at 1:30pm for its first service, after two hours I was told 5 more minutes, after another 30 minutes the service advisor asked my why i hadn't got my car yet and 30 minutes later he came back to tell me that another customer HAD TAKEN MY CAR!!! Some kid in his 20's who dropped off his old White Mazda 5 somehow did the paperwork, was handed my key, got to my car, drove to the exit, the security guard who scans the VIN and cross checks it opens the gate and off he goes. After several phone calls from the dealership, nearly two hours and 67 miles of joyriding he returns. At this point I'm obviously PISSED! Apparently he didnt notice the difference between an old white Mazda 5 and a 2018 Silver Stinger!!! I'm checking the car inside and out and next thing I see him drive away in his car, the service manager just let him go. He then had the balls to tell me "obviously we'll give you a full tank of gas to make things right".....WTF? Needless to say this isn't over. I've not heard great things about Glendale or Downtown but needless to say I won't be going back to Galpin.
    Wow that's insane, I would be extremely pissed off.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest doing a free consultation with a lawyer to see if there are any options. Who knows what kind of damage this person could have done to your car while on the joy ride.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. That’s just...wow. I agree, lawyer up. I was a hairs breadth from getting my Stinger from Galpin Kia. Glad I didn’t

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colereihl View Post
    I would suggest doing a free consultation with a lawyer to see if there are any options. Who knows what kind of damage this person could have done to your car while on the joy ride.
    I agree with @Colereihl, I would have came uncorked on someone in that place. You should have called the police and made sure that kid didn't leave. You know that kid was out revving the piss out of that car, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. I would talk to a lawyer for sure or go to the media an put Galpin's ass on blast.

I know when I take my car in I tell them I don't want anyone in my car or driving my car that smells like gear oil or oil and they better be clean. That's just me though.
    2019 kia Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    ADD W1 V3 Oil Catch Can "PCV Side"
    Not performance, Mishimoto Carbon Radiator Cap.
    Injen Intake
    Tial BOV
    JB4 Tune
    Subframe Chassis Collar Kit