Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Bolt behind passengers side air cleaner

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Does this bolt serve a purpose or was it placed there to torture the minds of the super inquisitive like myself?

IMG_0936.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
AFAIK the bolt serves no purpose, however I would not be surprised if its holding a bracket on the other side.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I wondered the same as well. I've seen them on both the 2.0T and 3.3T Stingers.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I've always thought of it as a grounding post for jumpstarting the battery.

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
According to the manual, it is indeed the negative connection point for jumping the car. For the positive, you have to remove the plastic cover with the "+" sign about 18" behind the bolt in question. It is unpainted in order to provide a better connection.

OP
hoserama
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #6
According to the manual, it is indeed the negative connection point for jumping the car. For the positive, you have to remove the plastic cover with the "+" sign about 18" behind the bolt in question. It is unpainted in order to provide a better connection.
thanks!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Excellent. Thanks for clearing it up.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
someone reads the manual haha! good work!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Beat me to it! ;-)

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I work for Kia and you are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edge9421

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The positive terminal under the hood is way too far from that bolt for a portable jump starter to reach. I don’t use jumper cables anymore because portable jump starters stow in smaller spaces and are also useful for charging a phone in a pinch. I may need to drill and tap a new location for that bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk