Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Can bus control module coming soon

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Is it available for the Stinger yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
make sure you have it installed by someone who actually knows what is doing. Unless you are doing yourself.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone installed this on their Stinger? Interested to know how complex it is as the instructions don't provide much details.
The instructions provide all the detail that you need. :D
So if you're not confident based on the diagrams they posted, then plan on having someone else do the install.

THCHAD

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
The instructions provide all the detail that you need. :D
So if you're not confident based on the diagrams they posted, then plan on having someone else do the install.
Received mine last week. Planning on doing the install myself using mostly positaps like on the JB4 fuel wires. However, after deciphering the wiring diagram, there will be 3 wires that will need to be cut where a relay or transistor gets placed inline. Most of the connections will be made in the passenger footwell area. There will be 2 wires that connect in the back fuse panel, one in the fuse panel at the driver's knees, one in the driver side footwell area, and 4 that run to the sunroof controls if you want to use that option. Needless to say the install will take some time.

My plan is to run all the wires outside of the passenger footwell area first and have them ready when I go to install the unit. We will see how it goes.

Chad

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thanks for the update @THCHAD

If possible takes some photos and try to put together a DIY.

Looking forward to the install comments.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I looked at the instructions and this is one I'm pretty nervous doing myself. I may take it to an installation shop to do if I get one.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2 AWD
I just got the CCM and planning to do the install next week. I'm creating a comprehensive walkthrough and will post once I update with pictures etc...

Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2 AWD
I just got the CCM and planning to do the install next week. I'm creating a comprehensive walkthrough and will post once I update with pictures etc...
The install is complete and fully tested without any issues. I've created a comprehensive DIY (took over 20hrs to put together) and provided to K8SS to post on their site.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Awesome!!!
Any chance you can post it here? For easier access

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Wow that is a legit DYI.
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Really great guide. Thank you.

AZBurnout

Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger
@PatriotOne would you be willing to be contact be an installer if they had questions? I'm dealing with a botched installation attempt by one company, and have had to seek out a a hi-end company that is willing to troubleshoot and reinstall. The new company asked if I could get contacts for companies or people that have done the installation successfully JIC they had unique questions that weren't in the Knowledge Base or your walkthrough.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @AZBurnout, hope you get it resolved..