Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Drive Mode Changer Test

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
This is getting better and better. Keep us posted on the progress.

Looking forward to the new features.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Quick update...

New parts have arrived. I have a new mainboard with more RAM and IO. Should be able to control up to 6 things in the car now. I received some feedback to have it change auto-hold, and thought that someone out there might want it to change traction control. Those are options, but I haven't written the code yet.

Also, a new daughter board that has all of the transistors on it. Originally, I used a large bread board. The daughter board is way more compact, allows for stacking with the other boards (for packaging in a case later), and it has a removable plug on it. That means you can simply unplug it for dealer visits.

In the coming weeks, a 3D printed case should be on its way.

Finally, if anyone has a contact in Korea that can get parts from a Korean parts manufacturer, that would be awesome. To make this thing plug and play, I need KM025B series connectors from the company Hirose. Those are the connectors that Kia used to build part (the part that is important to this) of the wiring harness.

Drew
Wow this is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
That's awesome [MENTION=2056]Pchek[/MENTION], keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!! [rockon]

Reactions
might look into going to transistor or mosfet arrays. i use a darlington array for my firework controller.