Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 8 to 14 of 19
  1. #8
    Moderator
    Staff Team 388 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    388
    Location
    Houston
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    @drdrewusaf excellent initiative. Any plans on expanding its capabilities?

    P.S Welcome aboard. Any photos of the test mule?

  2. #9
    Senior Member
    23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    Likes Received
    23
    Location
    San Jose
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by drdrewusaf View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I'm the "creator" of this little nugget. I want to make it clear that this is still a prototype, and some fabrication still needs to be completed. Also, it is not at all a smart device...clever maybe. There is no feedback from the car, and no data communications. Think of it like a robot that is flipping switches for you.

    I just did a semi-permanent install last night, so I'll have a new video up explaining how it works. Also, I'll do a full write-up once it's worked for a few days.


    Drew
    You're my hero for testing this out.

  3. #10
    Member
    7 Rep Points slammered's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    7
    Location
    Llanno
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Welcome fellow Texan.

  4. #11
    Senior Member
    26 Rep Points torbach's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    26
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by drdrewusaf View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I'm the "creator" of this little nugget. I want to make it clear that this is still a prototype, and some fabrication still needs to be completed. Also, it is not at all a smart device...clever maybe. There is no feedback from the car, and no data communications. Think of it like a robot that is flipping switches for you.

    I just did a semi-permanent install last night, so I'll have a new video up explaining how it works. Also, I'll do a full write-up once it's worked for a few days.


    Drew
    Thanks Drew. Have you come across any software or have you thought of creating any software similar to what Ross-Tech has for VW and Audi vehicles? www.ross-tech.com?

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #12
    New Member
    7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    7
    Location
    San Antonio
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by robz32 View Post
    @drdrewusaf excellent initiative. Any plans on expanding its capabilities?

    P.S Welcome aboard. Any photos of the test mule?
    Thanks! I haven't really thought about expansion. One person in one of the FB groups asked to add the Auto Hold feature to it. It's very doable, and extremely easy. However, the board I have is running out of RAM with the current program. It's not a very robust board. There is a board from Adafruit that can handle the extra code, but at that point I feel like it would be better to start custom fabrication of the main Arduino board. I bought this stuff because it works out of the box. I'll put some photos of the test mule below...

    Quote Originally Posted by torbach View Post
    Thanks Drew. Have you come across any software or have you thought of creating any software similar to what Ross-Tech has for VW and Audi vehicles? www.ross-tech.com?
    I'm very familiar with VAGCOM (was an Audi driver for 10 yrs). I've been looking, but all I can find are legit $2K+ GDS VCI tools, or super-sketch $200 GDS VCI tools. I don't think Kia uses a robust network for their modules like VW does with VAGCOM. So, I think GDS VCI is our only option. Along those lines, I know a lot, but I'm not an electrical engineer...so unraveling how Kia's CANbus/ODB network communicates is outside of my expertise.

    That's not to say that I won't get one of the super-sketch GDS VCI tools, though. I'm still interested to find out what they are capable of...and I'm relatively certain that getting ahold of "clandestine" software for the tool is easy with the right connections in Eastern-block European countries.


    Drew

  6. #13
    New Member
    7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    7
    Location
    San Antonio
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    3 Likes





  7. #14
    New Member
    7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    7
    Location
    San Antonio
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    2 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Here's an update:



    Again, all code and parts are linked in the video description.


    Drew

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •