Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Oil change and tire rotation

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Decided to take the stinger to the dealer for its first oil change and rotation. $120. [rofl] Guess I wont go there for the second. [rofl]

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Lol that’s pricey

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
My Durango dealership has a buy one get three free deal for like $70 so I always take it there. And that thing takes 7-8 quarts

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Decided to take the stinger to the dealer for its first oil change and rotation. $120. [rofl] Guess I wont go there for the second. [rofl]
Wow! LOL Sorry [MENTION=1421]upstatedoc[/MENTION]. Our first oil change is on the house but even after that, LOF & rotate would run around $65.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Full synthetic, I assume? My dealer used synthetic blend in mine, since they claimed they couldn't get an answer on which was required, so it only ran 39 bucks. And since the rotation is actually just side to side for the staggered tires, they don't even charge for that.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Full synthetic, I assume? My dealer used synthetic blend in mine, since they claimed they couldn't get an answer on which was required, so it only ran 39 bucks. And since the rotation is actually just side to side for the staggered tires, they don't even charge for that.
We use Mobile1's synthetic blend. That's what the factory puts in and is what we use in all cars.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
We use Mobile1's synthetic blend. That's what the factory puts in and is what we use in all cars.
Really? I thought factory recommended Total oil?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
$120?

Mine beats yours [grinking]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
You guys didn't get the first oil change on the house?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
You guys didn't get the first oil change on the house?
I did. The bottom line indicated by "Please pay this amount" shows zero.

The service advisor mentioned about keeping the price level in mind for the oil weight.

OP
U
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #11
service manager was conveniently gone when I picked the car up. secretary said it was 7 quarts of full synthetic. she felt bad and gave me two car washes [rofl]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
service manager was conveniently gone when I picked the car up. secretary said it was 7 quarts of full synthetic. she felt bad and gave me two car washes [rofl]
The secretary felt bad an gave you two car washes. If you went to the dealer the car wash is free. When I had my optima sx, I use to take it too the dealer for a wash every other week and it was washed for free. For the amount they charged you for that oil "$17.78, why don't you just buy some Royal Purple full Synthetic oil from Amazon. You can buy a six pack of one quart bottles for $56.85 then just buy one more quart. Royal purple is the best or one of the best oils on the market, I've used it for years.

71OJ5v-gi9L._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
I wouldn't use RP even if it was free.

In case of oversight, did you manage to see the bottom line?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

So what's wrong with RP, I've used it for years in my sportbikes!!!! Yes I saw the bottom line but almost eighteen dollars a quart, hell no. I'll just use my buddy shop an lift and buy my own.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I have got a years worth of oil changes from the dealership I bought the car at, which is really just 2 oil changes if you go by the service guide.

I'm curious what they charge but there is a closer dealer to me once I exhaust these 2 freebies so I'll see what they charge.

If you buy your own oil will Kia dealerships do the oil change for you minus the cost of the oil?

I'll wait to see what the cost is here in AZ as I know we don't need the heavier weight oils out here. We get hot temps not cold ones. I would think 10W30 synthetic would be cheaper.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States

Yeah. What’s wrong with Royal purple. I’ve never used the engine oil. Just the manual tranny fluid and rear diff fluid. I’ve used Valvoline SynPower for the last 8 years and I love it. $25 for a 5 quart jug at Walmart

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That's freaking outrageous!

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
My opinion about RP was due to their superfluous marketing hype back when it was first introduced in the market. I have read somewhere in another forum about a racing engine builder having lubrication problems when running Royal Purple, but that was several years ago. I formed that opinion then and I have not ventured into finding new information recently. I have no personal experience regarding engine failure due to lubrication involving Royal Purple motor oil. I can imagine that nowadays their motor oils work just fine in sportbikes as proven by Spider55. I have no idea about RP gear oils or transmission fluids since I use other brands.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have got a years worth of oil changes from the dealership I bought the car at, which is really just 2 oil changes if you go by the service guide.

I'm curious what they charge but there is a closer dealer to me once I exhaust these 2 freebies so I'll see what they charge.

If you buy your own oil will Kia dealerships do the oil change for you minus the cost of the oil?

I'll wait to see what the cost is here in AZ as I know we don't need the heavier weight oils out here. We get hot temps not cold ones. I would think 10W30 synthetic would be cheaper.
If I go by the service guide it will take me between 12 & 18 months to get my first oil change being that I only put around 3 to 5 thousand miles a year on my car. Being here in Arizona I split my oil changes up in thirds, so every 4 months I change it. I don't care if it needs it or not. Here in Arizona the heat breaks down the oil in your car if your in traffic a lot. What I do in the summer and winter is as soon as I get home from driving anywhere is park my car in the garage an lift the hood up to let the heat in the engine bay escape, so the heat doesn't cook all the rubber and plastic pieces in the engine bay. I did that with my Optima SX and everything still looked an felt new.

If you buy your own oil Kia will not change your oil. If you buy your own oil you will have to find a shop to change your oil.

If my memory serves me correctly, I do be leave, you use heavier weight oil in the summer and a lighter weight oil in the winter because heavier weight oil in the winter wouldn't lubricate your engine on a cold start and your engine would have to work way to hard too pump it through the cars engine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
You cannot rotate tires on a stinger . Rear tires are a larger size the dealer should know this . Stay away from dealers for routine service they are total RIP off.