Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have got a years worth of oil changes from the dealership I bought the car at, which is really just 2 oil changes if you go by the service guide.

I'm curious what they charge but there is a closer dealer to me once I exhaust these 2 freebies so I'll see what they charge.

If you buy your own oil will Kia dealerships do the oil change for you minus the cost of the oil?

I'll wait to see what the cost is here in AZ as I know we don't need the heavier weight oils out here. We get hot temps not cold ones. I would think 10W30 synthetic would be cheaper.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
    I wouldn't use RP even if it was free.

In case of oversight, did you manage to see the bottom line?
    Yeah. What’s wrong with Royal purple. I’ve never used the engine oil. Just the manual tranny fluid and rear diff fluid. I’ve used Valvoline SynPower for the last 8 years and I love it. $25 for a 5 quart jug at Walmart

Staff Team 428 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    Decided to take the stinger to the dealer for its first oil change and rotation. $120. Guess I wont go there for the second.
    That's freaking outrageous!

24 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion about RP was due to their superfluous marketing hype back when it was first introduced in the market. I have read somewhere in another forum about a racing engine builder having lubrication problems when running Royal Purple, but that was several years ago. I formed that opinion then and I have not ventured into finding new information recently. I have no personal experience regarding engine failure due to lubrication involving Royal Purple motor oil. I can imagine that nowadays their motor oils work just fine in sportbikes as proven by Spider55. I have no idea about RP gear oils or transmission fluids since I use other brands.

Staff Team 124 Rep Points spider55's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    I have got a years worth of oil changes from the dealership I bought the car at, which is really just 2 oil changes if you go by the service guide.

I'm curious what they charge but there is a closer dealer to me once I exhaust these 2 freebies so I'll see what they charge.

If you buy your own oil will Kia dealerships do the oil change for you minus the cost of the oil?

I'll wait to see what the cost is here in AZ as I know we don't need the heavier weight oils out here. We get hot temps not cold ones. I would think 10W30 synthetic would be cheaper.
    If I go by the service guide it will take me between 12 & 18 months to get my first oil change being that I only put around 3 to 5 thousand miles a year on my car. Being here in Arizona I split my oil changes up in thirds, so every 4 months I change it. I don't care if it needs it or not. Here in Arizona the heat breaks down the oil in your car if your in traffic a lot. What I do in the summer and winter is as soon as I get home from driving anywhere is park my car in the garage an lift the hood up to let the heat in the engine bay escape, so the heat doesn't cook all the rubber and plastic pieces in the engine bay. I did that with my Optima SX and everything still looked an felt new.

If you buy your own oil Kia will not change your oil. If you buy your own oil you will have to find a shop to change your oil.

If my memory serves me correctly, I do be leave, you use heavier weight oil in the summer and a lighter weight oil in the winter because heavier weight oil in the winter wouldn't lubricate your engine on a cold start and your engine would have to work way to hard too pump it through the cars engine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
    2019 Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    If you want to see what I've done to the car go to My Garage!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123