Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Jb4 chip

Johnnyposs

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Has anyone used the jb4 chip? Looking for cost vs performance, is it worth it? Watched plenty of videos and read up on it but want some opinions.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Best piggyback chip you can buy for the Stinger.
Allows you log every run. Can change maps on the fly (with the BT dongle) and customer support is second to none. Staggering performance increase.

You can also send your logs to Terry for analysis and suggestions to tweak your tune. Also they are constantly releasing firmware updates that make the chip even better.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Has anyone used the jb4 chip? Looking for cost vs performance, is it worth it? Watched plenty of videos and read up on it but want some opinions.
^^^This^^^

I've been running the JB4 for a few months now and it's a very solid choice. The truth is that MOST of the chipping out currently for your Stinger are solid choices. It all depends on how much you want to spend for the 100-125 hp/tq you're going to gain AND how involved you want to be with adjusting it. Some TRUE ECU tunes like Tork MotorSports have ZERO adjustability to them and are set once you have your ECU programmed.

When it comes to VALUE, the JB4 is one of the lowest priced in the market AND is adjustable on the fly from your phone. Ultimately, that's why I chose JB4.

OP
J

Johnnyposs

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the response definitely puts a great perspective on it, have anyone heard anything good bad about the lap 3 chip?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Too expensive, when compared to the JB4, and the original uncle chip is known to cause some issues with the 3.3

OP
J

Johnnyposs

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Thread Starter #6
Last question, has anyone bought the air fuel ratio upgrade that comes with it? Is it user friendly if you know what you are doing or is it a waste of money? Next step is convensing the wife to drop 500 on this.??????

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
fuel wires and bluetooth adapter are worth it. Easy to install for anybody that can follow instructions.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Last question, has anyone bought the air fuel ratio upgrade that comes with it? Is it user friendly if you know what you are doing or is it a waste of money? Next step is convensing the wife to drop 500 on this.������
Do you mean the fuel wires? Yes, definitely get those, otherwise you're leaving power on the table untapped. Install is relatively easy, just watch the video and follow along and they're on in no time. Also make sure you run the obd cable as well; that's a bit more of a task, but there are videos and some of us here can also talk you through it.

Are you getting the Bluetooth kit? It's not mandatory but it does make using it even easier and helps you get more out of the jb4.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Agree. The Fuel wires are a must have to unlock the full potential of the tunes. Also the BT adapter really comes in handy and it's all relatively easy to install.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Anyone running map 2 on 91 octane and is otherwise stock?

-Matt

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I just received my JB4 a week an a half ago. The JB4 comes with fuel wires, the only thing you have to purchase extra would be the Bluetooth adaptor. You will be blown way by the power increase, just make sure you have oil catch cans installed on your engine.

The JB4 and the fuel wires are very easy to install, here's the website.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52020

Welcome to the forums & congrats on your purchase.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I just received my JB4 a week an a half ago. The JB4 comes with fuel wires, the only thing you have to purchase extra would be the Bluetooth adaptor. You will be blown way by the power increase, just make sure you have oil catch cans installed on your engine.

The JB4 and the fuel wires are very easy to install, here's the website.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52020

Welcome to the forums & congrats on your purchase.
And re-gapped spark plugs.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
yes, re-gapped spark plugs or buy M45iL plugs.

Thanks [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] I forgot about the spark plugs. [facepalm]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
yes, re-gapped spark plugs or buy M45iL plugs.

Thanks [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] I forgot about the spark plugs. [facepalm]
If you do buy new plugs for this application, don't bank on the gap being correct. ALWAYS double-check gap before installing! [twothumb]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Anyone running map 2 on 91 octane and is otherwise stock?

-Matt
I installed the JB4 and plugs today on an otherwise stock GT1. I have 93 octane in the tank versus your 91 but WOW, what a difference it makes in sport mode. I am glad I purchased it.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I think if I get the fuel wires I should be safe on 91.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yes, you will be.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
My only concern is having to remove them for service visits... I already find having to take the Jb4 out very annoying.

-Matt

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Hopefully you won't have to. Unless they are replacing something related to the exhaust, i.e O2 sensors, primary cats, turbos, etc. Otherwise you can leave them there.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Hopefully you won't have to. Unless they are replacing something related to the exhaust, i.e O2 sensors, primary cats, turbos, etc. Otherwise you can leave them there.
I don't want any mods on. You know how they get... Have you been leaving the Jb4 on?

-Matt