Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's your favorite Kia Stinger Color?

What's your favorite Kia Stinger Color?

• Snow White Pearl (White)

Votes: 33 16.4%
  • California Red / Hi Chroma Red (Metallic Red)

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Atomic Blue / Micro Blue (Light Blue)

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • Thunder Grey / Panthera Metal (Grey)

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Aurora Black (Black)

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Silky Silver (Bright Silver)

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Sunset Yellow (Yellow)

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Lake Stone (Light Grey)

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Deep Chroma Blue (Dark Blue / Purple)

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Ghost Grey / Ceramic Silver (Dark Silver)

Votes: 39 19.4%

• Total voters
OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #61
Ive noticed that too, even most of the Silver ones are the 2.0T.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Satisfying my analytical nature... Seems a rather odd mix and very lopsided...?[thumbdown] Below are ONLY GT models. Seems like they arbitrarily picked a primary color per sub-model.

GT_colors.jpg

Attachments

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
What's with this "sponsored by Ford?" And if this is supposed to be Stinger colors, it is inaccurate because this suggests that only the GT2 comes in red. Not true since I have a GT1 on order that is HiChroma red.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I'd like to see the Panthera Metal in person. It may be too dark to keep clean... Had a Smoke Gray Maxima and I thought "Oh gray, great. Gray never gets dirty." Was I wrong on that! Silver and White take forever to show dust and dirt. But dark gray? Close to as bad as black. Not quite, but close...

The Lake Stone, while it doens't show here so well, has a slight gray/blue-ish tone to it. I guess that's why it's called "Lake stone"... makes sense. Looks great on some sites I've seen it, but really, needs to see all these colors in person to get a great feel for it - cloudy and sunny days to see how the treatment deals with different wavelengths...

Like the Miro Blue, but it seems too prevelant, so that takes some of it's "special" away for me.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I'd like to see the Panthera Metal in person. It may be too dark to keep clean... Had a Smoke Gray Maxima and I thought "Oh gray, great. Gray never gets dirty." Was I wrong on that! Silver and White take forever to show dust and dirt. But dark gray? Close to as bad as black. Not quite, but close...

The Lake Stone, while it doens't show here so well, has a slight gray/blue-ish tone to it. I guess that's why it's called "Lake stone"... makes sense. Looks great on some sites I've seen it, but really, needs to see all these colors in person to get a great feel for it - cloudy and sunny days to see how the treatment deals with different wavelengths...

Like the Miro Blue, but it seems too prevelant, so that takes some of it's "special" away for me.
There's a Panthera Metal at Dick Hannah Kia
https://www.dickhannahkia.com/for-sale/new-2018-kia-stinger-gt1-k18493/

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
I live in the Portland metro area, so that is great. Maybe when it stops snowing I'll need to get over there and take a looksee!

Just from this image it looks like it contains a lot of fleck. I'm not oppossed to that, but was hoping it was leaning more towards the Mazda Machine Gray Metalic, which looks like liquid lead or something to that effect with nearly zero fleck. Still, I'll need to check it out in person at some point. Thanks!

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I live in the Portland metro area, so that is great. Maybe when it stops snowing I'll need to get over there and take a looksee!

Just from this image it looks like it contains a lot of fleck. I'm not oppossed to that, but was hoping it was leaning more towards the Mazda Machine Gray Metalic, which looks like liquid lead or something to that effect with nearly zero fleck. Still, I'll need to check it out in person at some point. Thanks!
They had a Korean model at my local dealer and it is indeed a very metallic paint. Looks great in person though.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The yellow looks great in person. Saw this one at an event in Utah last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Saw Panthera/Thunder Grey in person today and can confirm on an overcast day it is almost black. I think in bright light/sunshine it lightens up a bit.

My trip was to see the red Nappa interior, which I planned to order with the Panthera/Thunder exterior. Sorry, it is not as dark as the brochure and swatch suggested, which was not to my liking. But the real deal-killer was the quality of the leather. I am down-grading, so have been spoiled by high quality European leather in cars for many years. Both the black and red Nappa are far from high quality--it just shows more on the red. Nothing wrong with it, it just isn't "premium" in a way that I would want to draw attention to it. (Not as bad as the centre steering wheel cover, but not impressive upon close inspection.) So, back to boring black interior for me.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
We went with micro blue and I love the color.

These are going to look sick murdered out ????*??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I would have gone with the blue except that my GTO is exactly that same color so I needed some contrast in my garage.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Saw Panthera/Thunder Grey in person today and can confirm on an overcast day it is almost black. I think in bright light/sunshine it lightens up a bit.

My trip was to see the red Nappa interior, which I planned to order with the Panthera/Thunder exterior. Sorry, it is not as dark as the brochure and swatch suggested, which was not to my liking. But the real deal-killer was the quality of the leather. I am down-grading, so have been spoiled by high quality European leather in cars for many years. Both the black and red Nappa are far from high quality--it just shows more on the red. Nothing wrong with it, it just isn't "premium" in a way that I would want to draw attention to it. (Not as bad as the centre steering wheel cover, but not impressive upon close inspection.) So, back to boring black interior for me.
I can confirm this also. It is nearly black when the sun is not shining. When the sun is out, and it is washed it looks very silky, or very liquid. But overall, it's still too close to black and too dark. I've decided on Micro Blue.

That said, I've confirmed that Kia, whenever selling a GT or GT1 AWD model, and it has Drive Wise, it will have 18-inch wheels with all season tires on them. Every - single - pickin' - time! But the GT2? Oh no, it comes with 19's and summer tires with AWD and Drive Wise (standard).

Who in Kia marketing made this moronic decision?! So is the mentality of this thinking? So what if I want blind spot and auto sensing wipers on my GT AWD, so that means I must be a grandma wanting a softer ride on smaller rims and all seasons?! Please!

Looks like Kia performing a cost cutting measure big-time.

The 18-inch All Season Bridgestone's they slapped on the GT or GT1 AWD w/Drive Wise Pkg, are a LOT cheaper than the 19-inch summer Michelin's that any other GT variant ships with. The rims are going to be slightly less in cost also.

Such a shame they did this. I'm NOT getting a GT with All Seasons and 18's. I was waiting this fall anyway, so now I'll see what the 2019's contain to see what takes place, since I CANNOT custom order with Kia. Ugh...

To me, this is akin to an M-series BMW or S-series Audi doing the same thing - which they would NEVER do with such vehicles. The standard 3-series and A4-series they sell to real estate gals, sure, but not on the high-end performance cars. And of course, Stinger wants to play big-boy and then Kia does this. Ugh...

Thanks for the vent, I feel slightly better...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The 18" wheels and all-weather tires are an OPTION that the dealer must check in order to get them with the car. I know, I ordered a GT1 that way (although the order disappeared) but the paperwork was clear on that. I think dealers with AWD think the all-season tires should be on AWD cars -- makes perfect sense, otherwise why AWD? Some salesmen are "car people" but sales managers and inventory jockeys are often just paper pushers and haven't a clue what cars they are ordering -- or maybe Kia decided to load up the pipeline with pre-built cars, all AWD and 18". Dunno. Mine is a GT2 AWD 19" and I ordered it that way by NOT checking the 18" box.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
The 18" wheels and all-weather tires are an OPTION that the dealer must check in order to get them with the car. I know, I ordered a GT1 that way (although the order disappeared) but the paperwork was clear on that. I think dealers with AWD think the all-season tires should be on AWD cars -- makes perfect sense, otherwise why AWD? Some salesmen are "car people" but sales managers and inventory jockeys are often just paper pushers and haven't a clue what cars they are ordering -- or maybe Kia decided to load up the pipeline with pre-built cars, all AWD and 18". Dunno. Mine is a GT2 AWD 19" and I ordered it that way by NOT checking the 18" box.
Interesting... I just chatted with a dealer who's worked at his Kia dealership for 4 years and said the configurations - any GT or GT1 w/AWD and Drive Wise are configured with 18's standard. Nothing with AWD and Drive Wise GT or GT1's coming in with 19s. None of them. And I have seen the window sticker showing that 18's are under the "Additional Features" area. So they are being configured this way from Kia Corporate.

The disappointing part is he claims once the packages are set, they are kinda set - Kia doesn't readily change them. So I emailed the VP of Product Planning Kia USA in Irvine and suggested the 2019's do otherwise... Hmmm...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Well, 99% of us don't ever plan to drive over 130 mph anywhere. I've only had my GTO to 135 mph - once - and it's good well into the upper 150's they say (whoever "they" are.) In addition, all-weather tires are better all around if you have any snow in winter. Finally, I'm sure the 18" wheels and tires are cheaper for Kia to supply so they may be loading the pipeline with 18" wheels. Makes you wonder how many of the drag strip runs are done with 18" tires rather than the 19" -- they never say. As it seems to be now, you don't actually "order" a car, you just get to search around the port holding lots for what has already been built. That's where my GT2 came from after my attempt to order a GT1 AWD DriveWise 19" disappeared and I had to "re-order." Things might loosen up a bit after initial demand subsides. Or they may make the 19" wheels an extra-cost option in 2019.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Well, 99% of us don't ever plan to drive over 130 mph anywhere. I've only had my GTO to 135 mph - once - and it's good well into the upper 150's they say (whoever "they" are.) In addition, all-weather tires are better all around if you have any snow in winter. Finally, I'm sure the 18" wheels and tires are cheaper for Kia to supply so they may be loading the pipeline with 18" wheels. Makes you wonder how many of the drag strip runs are done with 18" tires rather than the 19" -- they never say. As it seems to be now, you don't actually "order" a car, you just get to search around the port holding lots for what has already been built. That's where my GT2 came from after my attempt to order a GT1 AWD DriveWise 19" disappeared and I had to "re-order." Things might loosen up a bit after initial demand subsides. Or they may make the 19" wheels an extra-cost option in 2019.
In Canada, where there is this nasty thing called winter, all Stingers are AWD and all are some version of GT trim level and all come with 19" and summer-only tires. You have to buy your own all-seasons or winter tires (and wheels if you want a complete swappable set).

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
In Canada, where there is this nasty thing called winter, all Stingers are AWD and all are some version of GT trim level and all come with 19" and summer-only tires. You have to buy your own all-seasons or winter tires (and wheels if you want a complete swappable set).
So THAT's the problem. The Canadians stole all the 19" wheels. [clap]