Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many times have you been pulled over since owning the Stinger?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I recently got pulled over for not having a front license plate but only received a warning. Then the officer started commenting on how nice the Stinger looks.[grinking]

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
None in the Stinger, however it has less than 900 miles to date.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
my dealer delivered my stinger without installing the front plate because he said a lot of owners don't like the looks of it. I said please put it on I know I will immediately get pulled over with out it

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
none in 19k miles I've had it.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
In the case of front license plate, I decided that the fine is worth it. It carries zero point (a non-moving violation). I get a ticket about every other year on average. I consider it a sacrifice [grinking]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
None yet. Thankfully

AWD_GT2

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
We have only had our Stinger for about 2 weeks, and have 1800km on it so far. No cops pulling us over, but plenty of heads turning and a few questions about it at the gas station and stores.

We have no choice about a front plate here. They are installed at the dealership. If a car leaves their lot without it, they can lose their license to operate and get some pretty big fines. I'd take it off myself, but they are pretty on top of the game on giving out tickets for it here, and giving a call back to make sure you got it put on.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
None yet in 7,500 miles. MAY have gotten one or two in my 2005 Kia Spectra5 SX.... [driving]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Big fat Zero, I haven't had a ticket since 1999, I think I was late for work that morning.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
None for me but only 1600 miles and just over a month since I bought the car. Plus hard to speed in rush hour. [scratch]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
I may have been going a little fast late at night on a road that I know has minimal population with the exception of the Fire Station. Unbeknownst to me the Phoenix PD SUV just happened to be leaving at the same time I drove by. Thankfully by the time she caught up to me I had turned into my driveway. So I was pulled over in my own driveway. No ticket though! To be honest I have no idea how fast I was going.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I may have been going a little fast late at night on a road that I know has minimal population with the exception of the Fire Station. Unbeknownst to me the Phoenix PD SUV just happened to be leaving at the same time I drove by. Thankfully by the time she caught up to me I had turned into my driveway. So I was pulled over in my own driveway. No ticket though! To be honest I have no idea how fast I was going.
Lucky! Did she get your number? The fire stations here all have police hanging around them out here in Gilbert so I imagine its the same in other parts of the valley.