Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 GT1 RWD -- Good Deal?

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Been shopping around in CA for a micro blue GT1 with black interior. Got offered $37k + TTL for a 2018 GT1 with the Limited Edition package (Drivewise+LSD). TTL in CA is about $4200. MSRP listed at $45,750. Planning to buy out the lease right away.

They have to do a dealer swap about 250mi, so they added on a bit for that since they have to drive out there.

I called five dealerships looking for the color combo, and none was willing to take more than 1-1.5k off invoice, before the $7700 lease incentive. No idea where people are getting 5-6k dealer discounts. I'm not eligible for any loyalty or conquest incentives.

How does that price sound to you guys? I feel like it's high, but I could be wrong. If they won't go any lower, can I ask them to throw things in like an extended bumper to bumper warranty?

Pretty new to all this; appreciate all the help and info. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes that's a great deal if the discount is before the lease incentive. Anything above $7k discount is good. I'm also from San Jose.

OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Yes that's a great deal if the discount is before the lease incentive. Anything above $7k discount is good. I'm also from San Jose.
The $37k includes the $7700 lease incentive, unfortunately. I haven't found any dealership in CA willing to discount more than 1-1.5k before lease incentive. Maybe it's CA-specific...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
[MENTION=2013]kylemoss[/MENTION] have you tried calling around the Sacramento areas?

OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
[MENTION=2013]kylemoss[/MENTION] have you tried calling around the Sacramento areas?
I had searched inventory around there, but the only ones found had gray interiors.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Appreciate the help. First one has a gray interior, second one doesn't have the driver assist package. I'm expanding my search using cars.com to see what else is out there. The Kia inventory search tool really isn't great, lol.

I should be aiming for at least $7k in dealer discounts before lease incentive, right? Does that $7k include loyalty or conquest discounts? That's nearly 14-15k off MSRP, which seems pretty unrealistic.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Appreciate the help. First one has a gray interior, second one doesn't have the driver assist package. I'm expanding my search using cars.com to see what else is out there. The Kia inventory search tool really isn't great, lol.

I should be aiming for at least $7k in dealer discounts before lease incentive, right? Does that $7k include loyalty or conquest discounts? That's nearly 14-15k off MSRP, which seems pretty unrealistic.
You are correct. That is unrealistic. On a GT1, you should expect around $3-$4,000 off before the lease incentive.

OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
You are correct. That is unrealistic. On a GT1, you should expect around $3-$4,000 off before the lease incentive.
Is that 3-4k the same for 2018 and 2019 MYs, and does that include any Kia incentives like loyalty/conquest? There's a couple 2019 GT1s out in Nevada. Thanks!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Is that 3-4k the same for 2018 and 2019 MYs, and does that include any Kia incentives like loyalty/conquest? There's a couple 2019 GT1s out in Nevada. Thanks!
I would expect the 2019's to be more along the lines of the $1-$1,500 off as they're fresh inventory.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
1-1.5k off invoice is a crappy deal on a 2018.

OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #12
Okay, round two! Got an offer for a 2019 GT1 RWD for $41,636 OTD. Adjusted Cap Cost would be $37,841.99 after discounts and lease incentive. MSRP listed at $46,170. I'm trying to doublecheck the math, since I feel like TTL should be a bit higher (like $4.3k -- damn CA taxes!).

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Okay, round two! Got an offer for a 2019 GT1 RWD for $41,636 OTD. Adjusted Cap Cost would be $37,841.99 after discounts and lease incentive. MSRP listed at $46,170.
Do it, thats a good deal.

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
Kylemoss, make sure you understand the math. As I understand it, you are not really paying the sales tax UNTIL you take title to the car. Now, they may be amortizing a portion of the sales tax into the lease payments (e.g. they may be accounting for 40% of the purchase price on a 2 year lease, but if you buy right away, you may get slammed so just check. Also know that the sales tax is calculated on the Sales price before lease incentives are considered). In addition, as I understand it the cash back lease incentives are taxable income. So, depending on what tax bracket you are in, you need to account for that as well. Here in California we pay 10% on state income tax. So, added to the 25-40% federal taxes on that money, $7,700 would really net out to a $3,500-$5,000 savings.

The point is that your definition of "Out the Door" and their definition may not be the same.

OP
K

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Appreciate the response. Definitely waiting for them to send me the full paperwork so I can get a full breakdown. Feels like it shouldn't take 5+ days though...