Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Canadians Check-in

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Wanted to start a place where Canadians can share dealer/purchase information.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Here's some Canadian news , Kia will be sending Stinger demo cars to dealers later this month , the cars are for show only and will be destroyed when the promo is over . My dealer is getting their car for 3 days and then it moves to another local dealer . I assume this will ocur in all major markets here .

FYI

OP
StingerYYC
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the update. Dealer out here confirmed we'll see some demo this month too. Bummer they are getting destroyed after the promo.

Here's some Canadian news , Kia will be sending Stinger demo cars to dealers later this month , the cars are for show only and will be destroyed when the promo is over . My dealer is getting their car for 3 days and then it moves to another local dealer . I assume this will ocur in all major markets here .

FYI

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Someone in another post mentioned that they aren't legal to be driven here. Really sad though but I guess its cheaper than shipping them back.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Someone in another post mentioned that they aren't legal to be driven here. Really sad though but I guess its cheaper than shipping them back.
Exactly. I just saw in a review that Kia will fine the dealership $35k if the demos are driven on the street. Ouch....

OP
StingerYYC
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thread Starter #6
Kia Stinger Colour Options for Canada

Atomic Blue

Aurora Black

California Red

Ghost Grey

Snow White Pearl

Thunder Grey

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The Ghost Grey AKA Ceramic Silver is a cool color, I do hope it sells well.

OP
StingerYYC
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thread Starter #8
Spoke with many salesman today, the Kia Stinger coming to Canadian dealers this week. [MENTION=130]westcoastGT[/MENTION] [MENTION=171]KShock[/MENTION] you guys getting display models?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Yes , no test drives , these are just for looking at and sitting in ...................

OP
StingerYYC
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thread Starter #10
Yes , no test drives , these are just for looking at and sitting in ...................
Yes that's what he told me too. Hopefully they all have power so we can at least play with the interior electronics.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Greetings from Southern Ontario.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
I sat in the dealer demo unit yesterday. I spend a lot of time in the car, under the car, around the car. I have a red with black one coming and according to the dealer I was the first in Canada to put the money down.
I can say with great pride and enthusiasm the real car far exceeds my greatest expectations. The interior fit finish switch gear and textures are up to anything in the industry. The leather is supple and the seat bottoms are hard and the buttons and knobs feel exactly like they do in a 100K BMW or Mercedes. I think even better because I cannot imagine them feeling any better.
The exterior is perfectly proportioned. The ride height is low and you feel it when you get in and out. It might as well be a Corvette. So that is the compromise and I'm willing to make it. If anybody beefs about it... "GET OUTTA MY CAR!"
I se a KIA badge on the road now and it has assumed the brand prestige intended by the Stinger program. I was a Saab man (may they rest in peace), and now I'm a KIA man!
BTW. This was a pre production unit. Exhaust was lame. As I understand it, my unit (a production unit) will be louder along the lines of the Aussie bimodal system. I sure hope so or a call to Borla will be in order.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Nice to meet you, I'm Stephen.

I sat in the dealer demo unit yesterday. I spend a lot of time in the car, under the car, around the car. I have a red with black one coming and according to the dealer I was the first in Canada to put the money down.
I can say with great pride and enthusiasm the real car far exceeds my greatest expectations. The interior fit finish switch gear and textures are up to anything in the industry. The leather is supple and the seat bottoms are hard and the buttons and knobs feel exactly like they do in a 100K BMW or Mercedes. I think even better because I cannot imagine them feeling any better.
The exterior is perfectly proportioned. The ride height is low and you feel it when you get in and out. It might as well be a Corvette. So that is the compromise and I'm willing to make it. If anybody beefs about it... "GET OUTTA MY CAR!"
I se a KIA badge on the road now and it has assumed the brand prestige intended by the Stinger program. I was a Saab man (may they rest in peace), and now I'm a KIA man!
BTW. This was a pre production unit. Exhaust was lame. As I understand it, my unit (a production unit) will be louder along the lines of the Aussie bimodal system. I sure hope so or a call to Borla will be in order.
Hopefully Borla wont disappoint. Which dealer did you order from?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
QEW 427. I've got a feeling the stock unit will be much better than the preproduction. There's lots of online content indicating the need to make it sound right. From what I hear Albert gets it too.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
QEW 427. I've got a feeling the stock unit will be much better than the preproduction. There's lots of online content indicating the need to make it sound right. From what I hear Albert gets it too.
Keep us posted on the progress and let us know if you run into any ordering issues.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Will do. So far I'm overdue on the VIN. Insurance may be a deal because of the automated safety features. Can't get a rate without a VIN though. Also Kia has yet to release the financing rate. Stand by...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
My GT arrived today ...............................but I'm in Mexico ! [}(]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
My GT arrived today ...............................but I'm in Mexico ! [}(]
I bet all of a sudden you have the urge to want to go home lol. Congrats on the purchase.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Cigars all around! Did the dealer get you your VIN in advance?