Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Canadians Check-in

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
[cheers] Cheers!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Cigars all around! Did the dealer get you your VIN in advance?
Yup , when they confirmed it was on the water sent me the vehicle specs and VIN...................the eastern cars must be on the rails now !

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Gotta call my dealer in the morning. He said my car was on the boat two weeks ago but no VIN. You're gonna love it WCGT! Tell us how it sounds...?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Gotta call my dealer in the morning. He said my car was on the boat two weeks ago but no VIN. You're gonna love it WCGT! Tell us how it sounds...?
I actually sat in my car and started it yesterday in the dealers storage lot , I'll get it prepped and delivered in a day or 2 , the exhaust note isnt all that exciting , I was hoping for better ! The white on black looks outstanding though !!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
My car came in today. I ordered a red one but the California Red should be called California Wine. Huge disappointment as I ordered it expecting a bright red like the photos all over the web. Fortunately my sales guy, Rocky at QEW/427 Kia, already had a plan B for me which was he swapped it with a white one from a nearby dealer. So I get a white with black on Friday. Somebody else will get the California Wine.
I did start it and rev it and the sound is fine. Not loud, but not quiet. Nice burble on start. No bark at revs, but a nice sound that is understated power. I'll let youse guys know how it goes Friday EH!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Very first Kia Stinger delivered in Canada from Milton Kia
[video=youtube;pQCHLiWhpPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQCHLiWhpPA[/video]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Oh yeah! Well I was the first buyer according to Rocky at QEW427. I got a white one too and it's the nicest car on the road regardless of price. And the sounds it makes... WOW! Thank you Albert Biermann! BTW a guy in West Van got his a new days ago. ????

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Oh yeah! Well I was the first buyer according to Rocky at QEW427. I got a white one too and it's the nicest car on the road regardless of price. And the sounds it makes... WOW! Thank you Albert Biermann! BTW a guy in West Van got his a new days ago. ????
Guess every dealer is claiming to be first lol.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Hi All. I spent a day with the car on paved class b roads here in Southern Ontario. The car is perfect enough but there are areas for improvement. The rear end is too soft. I may get Eibachs all around as the springs are softer than I would like. I used to be with Arvin Ride Control (Shock Absorbers) and tuned suspensions with OEM engineers for years. The springs can be soft if the shocks are stiff but the shocks are too soft as well. It seems the rear does a half cycle more than the front before settling. Albert compromised too much to comfort in the sport mode. It would be nice if a software upgrade later could fix that. I'll have to research the adaptive suspension design. The engine and transmission are fantastic and I'm all good with that combo.
The hatch made some creaks and I suggest anybody experiencing the creaks ignore them for a month. They'll probably go away as they did in my previous big hatchbacks.
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM: I say 'WE' because we are all in Canada EH. What about winter/all season tires? Any ideas? I don't see me putting steel wheels on this beauty. I actually thought Canada was getting UHP all seasons, but I got the Michelin Pilot Sports. Staying home for snow days until I get this figured out...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Hi All. I spent a day with the car on paved class b roads here in Southern Ontario. The car is perfect enough but there are areas for improvement. The rear end is too soft. I may get Eibachs all around as the springs are softer than I would like. I used to be with Arvin Ride Control (Shock Absorbers) and tuned suspensions with OEM engineers for years. The springs can be soft if the shocks are stiff but the shocks are too soft as well. It seems the rear does a half cycle more than the front before settling. Albert compromised too much to comfort in the sport mode. It would be nice if a software upgrade later could fix that. I'll have to research the adaptive suspension design. The engine and transmission are fantastic and I'm all good with that combo.
The hatch made some creaks and I suggest anybody experiencing the creaks ignore them for a month. They'll probably go away as they did in my previous big hatchbacks.
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM: I say 'WE' because we are all in Canada EH. What about winter/all season tires? Any ideas? I don't see me putting steel wheels on this beauty. I actually thought Canada was getting UHP all seasons, but I got the Michelin Pilot Sports. Staying home for snow days until I get this figured out...
I posted a review of AS tires in the Tire Section . I've got BF Goodrich UHPAS going on tomorrow .

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of my GT in California Red. I am truly happy to have the Pilot Sport 4s for summer use. I had their predecessors, the Pilot Super Sport for 4 years on my current car and they were absolutely the best 3season tire I have ever had! The Sport 4?s are rated to be even better! (Fair warning that their wear rating is low as a result of the super-grippy compound so 4-5 summers is about all you will get.)

I bought the 18? Michelin X-Ice wheel Package from the dealer. Very pricey at CDN1,000 for the wheels but they look great and it is a long term purchase for me.

If you are an enthusiast driver, having pure high performance summer tires and a proper set of winter rubber should always be the choice. All seasons compromise every season?s performance for cost.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Cheers and congrats [MENTION=258]Michael_J_Stuart[/MENTION]

OP
StingerYYC
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thread Starter #38
Great review, can't wait until mine arrives. Hopefully mine doesn't develop any creaks as that'll drive me crazy.

I posted a review of AS tires in the Tire Section . I've got BF Goodrich UHPAS going on tomorrow .
I didn't see the review but let me know how the UHPAS perform.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Great little technology walkthrough.
[video=youtube;qU16iGNDJb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU16iGNDJb8[/video]