Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lane Keep Assist Setting

What is your Lake Keep Assist Setting?

• Total voters
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
So many of us have the Lane Keep Assist feature. As a new owner, i am experimenting with the settings. While i would like to keep my opinion to myself currently, i wouldnt mind seeing how others utilize it.

What have you have yours set to?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Mine is set to Lane Keep Assist

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Just the warning for me.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Do side mirrors counts?[biggrin]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Just the warning here.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Warning as well.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I tried the active lane keep assist and while it is kind of a cool feature I like to be in control so I've found the standard lane keep assist gives little corrections which are not as noticeable to me as the active one and I never feel like I'm fighting with the wheel like I've found with active lane keep assist at times.

So for now STD Lane keep assist for me.

It's nice to have when changing a radio station or something where I might not be as attentive as you should be. Not that it is an excuse to do it but just in other cars without that feature there has been a time or two when I drift into another lane because I'm focused on something else.

Last edited:
OP
hoserama
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #8
I tried the active lane keep assist and while it is kind of a cool feature I like to be in control so I've found the standard lane keep assist gives little corrections which are not as noticeable to me as the active one and I never feel like I'm fighting with the wheel like I've found with active lane keep assist at times.

So for now STD Lane keep assist for me.

It's nice to have when changing a radio station or something where I might not be as attentive as you should be. Not that it is an excuse to do it but just in other cars without that feature there has been a time or two when I drift into another lane because I'm focused on something else.
I was feeling the same about the active setting. It felt weird and unnatural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I use active when I’m on long highway drives. Otherwise I use the passive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
I was on the highway after buying the car and thought holy shit the steering on this car sucks I didn't notice that on the test drive then realized it was the stupid lane keep assist and shut that shit off immediately :)