Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hi from Perth Australia

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Stinger I’ll prob start with upgrading the rear sway bar. Deeper exhaust note would be nice too. Something like the RX7 exhaust sound would be insane (but unlikely ??????) [video=youtube_share;wfirFPY3z0E]https://youtu.be/wfirFPY3z0E[/video]
Sounds so menacing, what kind of power is she making?

OP
D
Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY18 GT Stinger
Thread Starter #22
Sounds so menacing, what kind of power is she making?
Haven’t done my own dyno (will soon) but was told by prev owner somewhere between 400-500hp depending on boost mode.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I don’t have my own build thread as the car was a money pit for 2 different owners before me. I’ve done very little to it since. Here’s how she used to look originally - big difference!
View attachment 1975

From what I know the 1st owner did all the cosmetics and suspension. 2nd owner did the mechanicals like full engine rebuild, bridgeporting, single turbo conversion, fuel system upgrade etc. Brakes upgrades alone $5k apparently.
View attachment 1976
View attachment 1977
[:0], if you ever get a chance to take it down the drag strip I would love to see some video.

OP
D

dazzabozza

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY18 GT Stinger
Thread Starter #25
[MENTION=615]Chi-Guy[/MENTION] in the beginning Sunset yellow was a standard color in the Australian market, it was later pulled for the reasons we now know.
Just found an article that mentions there were 71 yellows that needed paint correction which is higher than the 50 that I read elsewhere - https://www.caradvice.com.au/695778/kia-stinger-resprays-update/

What confuses me is it the yellow was supposed to be a limited release how is it there are now brand new MY19 plated models showing up on Carsales.com.au?

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
OP
D

dazzabozza

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY18 GT Stinger
Thread Starter #27
Are the ones that go to New Zealand counted as part of the 71?
Unlikely. Pretty sure they received their own recall letters from Kia NZ rather than Kia Australia.

What is confusing is if production of yellow was ceased last year how is it MY19 plated models are on the market? Are they MY18’s being brought up to MY19 specs? I’ve checked AU, NZ, US and Canadian sites and you can’t select a yellow colour.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not sure how are they doing that. One thing I did notice, is that on all the ads showing a "2019" yellow it says on the photo, "Sample photo. Not Actual vehicle"

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
congrats on your purchase, I'm not a Mazda fan BUT that is a really nice RX7, well done!!!! [8D]