Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MY18 GT2 vs. MY19GT1

Chek12

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
BMW
Hey guys. I have an opportunity to lease a MY18 GT2 for the same monthly payment as a MY19 GT1 (have deals of 6.5k off MSRP on the GT2 and 5k off the GT1 before incentives). I know I would get more features in the MY18 GT2 but then again, the MY19 GT1's are better equipped than last year. Also is it possible Kia may have improved anything on the MY19? Interested to see what you guys would do.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Hey guys. I have an opportunity to lease a MY18 GT2 for the same monthly payment as a MY19 GT1 (have deals of 6.5k off MSRP on the GT2 and 5k off the GT1 before incentives). I know I would get more features in the MY18 GT2 but then again, the MY19 GT1's are better equipped than last year. Also is it possible Kia may have improved anything on the MY19? Interested to see what you guys would do.
I would just keep the '18, its not worth taking a financial hit on the swap. The minor changes isn't really enough for me to justify it.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
What options on the '19 GT1 that you want that your '18 GT2 doesn't have?

OP
C

Chek12

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
BMW
Thread Starter #4
I am not looking to trade in a MY18. I am trying to decide whether to buy a MY18 or a MY19 as they are being offered to me at about the same price. Trying to weigh the extra options you get with a GT2 versus getting a newer model year. Apologies if my post was misleading.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Get the 2018 GT2 , you'll be more happy with the extra options.