Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Speed Limited to 130mph

M1838

Reactions
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT1
It appears that my stinger GT 1 is limited to 130 mph due to the fact that it came with 18” wheels and all season tires. I’m a bit disappointed if this is true. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with cars that come with 18” tires?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It appears that my stinger GT 1 is limited to 130 mph due to the fact that it came with 18” wheels and all season tires. I’m a bit disappointed if this is true. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with cars that come with 18” tires?
Hello [MENTION=1984]M1838[/MENTION], happy Monday and welcome to the forum!!!

Yes Sir, that is 100% the case. The 18" tires are not rated for higher speeds. This is hard coded into the ECU and is not changeable without tuning your ECU. This is something that should have been mentioned to you by your salesperson.

Also, your MSRP window sticker will have that detailed as well.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Sadly it is. I wonder if the Tork tune can remove the limiter.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Burger was claiming they thought they could raise it via their JB4, too. I've not seen them claim it's done though.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Burger was claiming they thought they could raise it via their JB4, too. I've not seen them claim it's done though.
Well [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], I've been all over BMS since I've got a JB4 and as of current, can't remove it.

I do know that Tork Motorspots can remove the limiter with their tune. He's had his to 190mph!!! LOL