Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idle stop start question
3 Likes

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idle stop start question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I’ve read the manual and want to make sure I’m right. I just bought a stinger today. On the way home, at every stop, it did not shut the engine off but the amber idle stop logo light lit up and the amber light on the button to turn it off lit up. Is there a problem with the idle stop function? Manual said the light should be green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off congrats. The auto start stop doesn't come on all the time, especially if you have the heat or a/c running. I've noticed in the winter times it doesn't come on as much as it does in the summer time.

17 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed this too, I play with pressing the light but if the light is on in the button I believe it is deactivated. It resets when I restart my car. I believe the orange/yellow A indicates that it is not shutting down, when it is Green that is when it turns off. But why it lights up on the Dash as orange yellow A when it is deactivated I'm not sure the reason.

In Eco mode It shuts off which is fine when I'm at the light I lightly tap the accelerator and the engine pops back if auto hold is on, if not just lightly release the brake peddle a little and it pops on there too, so I've learned when the light is about to turn green to do this so I'm not having to wait an extra second.

However what is annoying is when I pull into my garage and stop the engine shuts off, and then I go to move the car into Park, and the engine pops back on which is silly to me since I'm actually ready to turn the car off. It should stay off while in park and then I can just turn off the car like normal without having to have the engine restart and shut down again. Kind of a minor complaint but it seems like it doesn't make sense when shifting to Park for it to pop back on.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome. I tried stopping in all modes and get the same thing. I have to go back to the dealer in 2 weeks because they couldn’t find the 2nd key to it. I’ll have them look if it doesn’t work by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MmB22 - just press the On/Off button rather than the Park button. The car automatically puts itself into Park and shuts off, without the engine restarting.

I can't tell you the last time that I have pressed the Park button.

Just an FYI

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on the new ride. I noticed on mine when it was brand new that the start stop didn’t work right away. Don’t know if it’s because the battery hadn’t gotten a good charge in a while, but after a day or two of commuting it’s been working most of the time since. Sometimes I don’t understand why it decides to not activate, but it’s actually gotten better with how quickly it turns back on. It used to drive me crazy with how slow it took the car to shift back into gear when starting back up.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    However what is annoying is when I pull into my garage and stop the engine shuts off, and then I go to move the car into Park, and the engine pops back on which is silly to me since I'm actually ready to turn the car off. It should stay off while in park and then I can just turn off the car like normal without having to have the engine restart and shut down again. Kind of a minor complaint but it seems like it doesn't make sense when shifting to Park for it to pop back on.
    Completely with you on that annoying little bug

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast