Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idle stop start question
3 Likes

Staff Team 278 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Another thing, the engine will NOT shut down if the seat belt is unbuckled!

So, sometimes when I pull into the garage or a parking space, I'll hit the buckle button to unbelt before I come to a complete stop. ;-)

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MurlinatoR View Post
    Another thing, the engine will NOT shut down if the seat belt is unbuckled!

So, sometimes when I pull into the garage or a parking space, I'll hit the buckle button to unbelt before I come to a complete stop. ;-)
    Nice. I can live with that then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else interested in permanently disabling this "feature"? Is there a fuse I can pull so I don't have to turn off the auto-start/stop button every time?

Is there a way to KEEP this car in RECYCLE mode for the climate-controls? It reverts back to FRESH air constantly.
    2019 KIA Stinger GT1 AWD Nardo/Ghost/Ceramic Gray

17 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola Grey View Post
    Is anyone else interested in permanently disabling this "feature"? Is there a fuse I can pull so I don't have to turn off the auto-start/stop button every time?

Is there a way to KEEP this car in RECYCLE mode for the climate-controls? It reverts back to FRESH air constantly.
    As to the Fuse I'm not sure which one it would be to deactivate it. I personally wouldn't mess with it just because I wouldn't want to deactivate something else or cause an unintended consequence but I think if you put your car in Sport mode that it also will cause it not to turn the engine off as well.

As to the recycle mode you can hit the Climate button then you should have the option to turn off "smart ventilation" that will disable that feature from changing in the future so it will stay where you put it.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    As to the Fuse I'm not sure which one it would be to deactivate it. I personally wouldn't mess with it just because I wouldn't want to deactivate something else or cause an unintended consequence but I think if you put your car in Sport mode that it also will cause it not to turn the engine off as well.

As to the recycle mode you can hit the Climate button then you should have the option to turn off "smart ventilation" that will disable that feature from changing in the future so it will stay where you put it.
    Bummer about the auto start/stops, but it isn't so bad. I'm already in the habit of pressing that button on start up- but I still forget sometimes.

Thanks for the tip about the "Smart Ventilation" thing! Awesome! Going to disable that straight away!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    It didn't work :/

I was happy, but then it kept reverting back to fresh air intake

I can live with it, but I did disable the "smart-ventilation" in the Climate Menu, also tried the one below it, something about sucking air when the climate system is off, but neither one helped.

17 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola Grey View Post
    It didn't work :/

I was happy, but then it kept reverting back to fresh air intake

I can live with it, but I did disable the "smart-ventilation" in the Climate Menu, also tried the one below it, something about sucking air when the climate system is off, but neither one helped.
    Yikes , jump over to this thread here on the issue, I'm not sure if there is anything different in there but it might help you out.

https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/2...s-to-fresh-air

As to the start stop, it is growing on me, I've learned that if I want the engine on to let off the gas a little or slightly press the accelerator without really engaging it and it will start right up. My big thing is I don't want to have to wait to go but I don't mind not sucking the gas down if I'm at a long stop. The Stinger is thirsty!

Good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast