Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idle stop start question
3 Likes

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejr74 View Post
    MmB22 - just press the On/Off button rather than the Park button. The car automatically puts itself into Park and shuts off, without the engine restarting.
    Depends if they have the electronic shifter or not. Right?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid yellow means the IS&G system wants to activate but some requirements are not met such as engine temp too hot or too cold, oil temp too hot or too cold, sensors and what not. Solid green means it's working as intended. Flashing yellow means shit is broken.

The IS&G system has like 4 or 5 parameters that all need to be green lit b4 it runs. I believe the conditions it checks for are in the manual. For the most part, once the stinger has been warmed up it will work.

In sport mode it never activates cuz yolo sport mode engaged bruh.

Vehicle always starts up with IS&G on.

Protip: the brake pedal has a pressure sensor or something that guages a "light" press versus a "hard/firm" press. If u are on the brake just barely enough to stop the vehicle IS&G and auto hold do not engage. If u firmly press down after u are already stopped, both systems will try to engage. Green notifications will appear if all conditions are met.

White lettered auto hold means its on and waiting for you to press brake down firmly while stopped to engage

Pardon the super long post.

5 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CKeeler View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. I noticed on mine when it was brand new that the start stop didn’t work right away. Don’t know if it’s because the battery hadn’t gotten a good charge in a while, but after a day or two of commuting it’s been working most of the time since. Sometimes I don’t understand why it decides to not activate, but it’s actually gotten better with how quickly it turns back on. It used to drive me crazy with how slow it took the car to shift back into gear when starting back up.
    Good to know. Maybe after driving a couple days it’ll fix itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejr74 View Post
    MmB22 - just press the On/Off button rather than the Park button. The car automatically puts itself into Park and shuts off, without the engine restarting.

I can't tell you the last time that I have pressed the Park button.

Just an FYI

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.
    Yeah that's probably what I should do I guess it is just an old habit this is the first car I've had with Shift by wire so I'm so used to putting the thing into gear it will probably take me a while. Right now I feel like a pilot going through a checklist LOL

5 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idle stop start question

Well it worked a couple times just now on the way to work. Guess it was the battery not having enough charge. But, it did do the thing where I parked, it idle stopped and when I put it in Park, it started again before I pushed the start/stop button. I’m not sure I follow what was mentioned above to try. Right when I shifted to park, it started back up. How do you prevent that?

23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvt View Post
    Well it worked a couple times just now on the way to work. Guess it was the battery not having enough charge. But, it did do the thing where I parked, it idle stopped and when I put it in Park, it started again before I pushed the start/stop button. I’m not sure I follow what was mentioned above to try. Right when I shifted to park, it started back up. How do you prevent that?

Well first do you have a GT2 with the Shift by wire or the other models with a physical gear shift?

From what was suggested if you just push the off button on the push start without shifting to park the car automatically goes to park. For the no shift by wire you may have to actually shift it.

Since I'm still in my old car habit what I've done is when pulling in I turn the idle stop and go off on the console then shift to park and turn off like normal but it's an extra step.

I'd like to see them update to where shifting in park does not start the engine up, but it's a minor complaint for me.

5 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idle stop start question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a premium so I have a physical shifter. I agree. An update would be nice and not have to turn it off before parking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast