Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT1 - Skips a beat

Teddy76

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Hello,
I owned my Stinger GT1 for little less than a year now. I love everything about this car.. but I have little concern.
I know I should not drive fast but there are times when you need to punch on the gas. I have no problem when going
straight but engine skips a beat when turning 90 degree left or right from dead standstill. And this does not happen always
but it happen to me 3 times already as I was trying to merge into traffic.

One observation I made when engine skips a beat was road was uneven and there was slight bump in the road while turning.
Anyway, I love my Stinger GT1 and just like to ask the forum if this is just me or if everybody is having similar issue(s)?
There's about 1 sec void when pressing gas and I usually ease on the gas slightly before applying gas again to gain speed.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
You're breaking traction slightly. It's the VSM (vehicle stability management) system applying the traction and throttle control to keep you from doing a donut. LOL

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
You're breaking traction slightly. It's the VSM (vehicle stability management) system applying the traction and throttle control to keep you from doing a donut. LOL
Exactly. It’s the electronic nannies doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Teddy76

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #4
Ah.. I sort of thought it might be safety feature in the Kia.
Thanks for the explanation [cool]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Happens to be often when I use the cloverleaf off/on ramps.