Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

January 2019 Stinger Purchase & Lease Options

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey everyone! I've been a MAJOR slacker this month and I'm sorry. LOL

Below you'll find the programs for January.

Please note, Kia did add a 24 month and a 39 month program for the lease this month.

Stinger.jpg
Stinger.jpg

Last edited:

gjagt

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks MurlinatoR, can one buy out the 24 month lease like the 36?

GTJAY

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hello, all. I am new here be reading up on purchasing options for awhile now and all of the info has been really helpful as I am getting ready to pull the trigger soon. Question for MurlinatoR, why are there different lease codes for the same model year, are some offers more difficult to qualify for than others because it seems like some offer more than others? Also for the first lease option, I am having a difficult time reading what it says, does it say $6000 or $8000 for the 2019 2.0 Base model? Thanks!

Jay

gjagt

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hello, all. I am new here be reading up on purchasing options for awhile now and all of the info has been really helpful as I am getting ready to pull the trigger soon. Question for MurlinatoR, why are there different lease codes for the same model year, are some offers more difficult to qualify for than others because it seems like some offer more than others? Also for the first lease option, I am having a difficult time reading what it says, does it say $6000 or $8000 for the 2019 2.0 Base model? Thanks!

Jay
Different lease lengths.
Next to the model year in each table, it shows the lease term, 24, 36, 39, 48 months.

$6000 for the 24 month 2019 2.0 Base.

GTJAY

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Different lease lengths.
Next to the model year in each table, it shows the lease term, 24, 36, 39, 48 months.

$6000 for the 24 month 2019 2.0 Base.
Ok got it, thanks!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Cash back and special APR cannot be combined, correct?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #7
Yes, any lease term can be bought out. If that is the plan, it's cheaper to do the 24 month than the 36 month.

Correct. Differing programs cannot be combined.

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 (Red)
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]

Could you please make this a sticky??

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #9

link93

Reactions
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 GMC Acadia
I'm looking at buying a 2018 and had a question on the 24 month lease vs 36 month lease. On the 36 month for a premium AWD the residual is 46% vs 51% for the 24 month lease. Wouldn't the extra 5% on the residual cost more than the difference in the lease cash which is 8700 for 24 and 7300 for 36 month. I would be paying the lease off ASAP in either scenario so just trying to figure out what is the best route to go. Thanks for your answers in advance.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #11
I'm looking at buying a 2018 and had a question on the 24 month lease vs 36 month lease. On the 36 month for a premium AWD the residual is 46% vs 51% for the 24 month lease. Wouldn't the extra 5% on the residual cost more than the difference in the lease cash which is 8700 for 24 and 7300 for 36 month. I would be paying the lease off ASAP in either scenario so just trying to figure out what is the best route to go. Thanks for your answers in advance.
So, if you're going to buy it out immediately, it's better to take the 24 month lease cash.

The residual is just dividing the total cost of the car into two parts. If one is higher then the other is lower and vise versa. LOL

So, take the extra dough and enjoy!!!

link93

Reactions
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 GMC Acadia
Thanks for the clarification.

Chek12

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
BMW
Good afternoon. I am currently being offered a .00199 and 48% residual rate on a 2018 GT2 RWD for 36/10K. so that is fair. Their initial offer is 11% off MSRP plus the $7300 lease cash. Should I push for more than 11% off MSRP since it's a 2018? Another dealer is straight up advertising 9% off MSRP on a 2019 GT1 RWD, before even the lease cash. Would it be fair to ask for 11% off MSRP knowing I can also get the $4300 lease cash?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #14
11% off of MSRP before the incentives is very strong. You need to decide if you want the GT2 equipment and color. Deciding between the two cars is a decision only you can make.

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Is asking for $5k off a 2019 GT2 AWD (before incentives) reasonable or not possible?

leecm

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
It's reasonable. You'll eventually find a dealer that will do it. I bought my 2019 GT2 AWD a week ago for $5k off MSRP on top of $8200 lease cash. My account just went live on KMF and I just started the buyout process with my lender.

Jeff Wyler Kia in Ohio just emailed me about a Blue 2019 GT2 AWD that they are selling for $5k off MSRP. You can reach out to them to see if they can do the deal for a different color.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Is asking for $5k off a 2019 GT2 AWD (before incentives) reasonable or not possible?
I got 5-6K off from Dealer on a 2019 GT2 RWD End of December Price was around 45,500K without the lease incentives. So def possible just need to find a dealer willing to go that low.

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks everyone for your help!!

I'm in Massachusetts and looking for a Red GT2 AWD but a little trapped right now since I have a house closing in the beginning of Feb so I have to be a "good boy" until I close then I will start me search for my new baby. Hopefully with Remote Starter. I already have all the badges and ready to order the "E/Viking" airbag [cool]

TXKing

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Honda Accord
Would these numbers apply to a 2018 model?