Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

January 2019 Stinger Purchase & Lease Options

Tonezorz

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 BRZ
Just a small clarification request;

Despite what a dealer tells me, if they offer me say 5K off MSRP before/without ANY incentives, I can then (technically) stack the lease incentive on top of that? And, wouldn't this work for any kia model? Right now I'm looking to get into a Sorento and a Stinger to quickly follow that. I'm looking to do a typical negotiated MSRP reduction, stack 24/mo lease incentive, and then buyout both with third party loans.

So easy math example would be:
49K GT1
-5K negotiated off MSRP
-6,400 lease incentive @ 24 months
=37600 + fees.
+300 buyout + taxes

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Just a small clarification request;

Despite what a dealer tells me, if they offer me say 5% off MSRP before/without ANY incentives, I can then (technically) stack the lease incentive on top of that? And, wouldn't this work for any kia model? Right now I'm looking to get into a Sorento and a Stinger to quickly follow that. I'm looking to do a typical negotiated MSRP reduction, stack 24/mo lease incentive, and then buyout both with third party loans.
Correct that's what I did, but you would have to see what the lease incentives are with other vehicles though as they will be different than the Stinger's. There is a thread that is dedicated to this on here where you can see what other's have done. I just sent my check to Kia finance as soon as it was active on their site so I negotiated off the MSRP then took the lease cash "stacked that on top" Plus any trade and then click on buyout when it gets updated for the Lease on the website and they will give you the final number. If you are financing through a third party make sure you get that all set up for the rough amount and when you get the final number you should be able to make it happen pretty quickly. But the financing through Kia and the buyout process should be the same no matter what model it will just be the amount of lease incentives if any are for the other vehicles.

https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/1987-Lease-Buyout-How-to-get-the-best-deal-on-a-Kia-Stinger!

Tonezorz

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 BRZ
Correct that's what I did, but you would have to see what the lease incentives are with other vehicles though as they will be different than the Stinger's. There is a thread that is dedicated to this on here where you can see what other's have done. I just sent my check to Kia finance as soon as it was active on their site so I negotiated off the MSRP then took the lease cash "stacked that on top" Plus any trade and then click on buyout when it gets updated for the Lease on the website and they will give you the final number. If you are financing through a third party make sure you get that all set up for the rough amount and when you get the final number you should be able to make it happen pretty quickly. But the financing through Kia and the buyout process should be the same no matter what model it will just be the amount of lease incentives if any are for the other vehicles.

https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/1987-Lease-Buyout-How-to-get-the-best-deal-on-a-Kia-Stinger!
Thank you. The Sorento 24mo incentive right now for the SX AWD trim is $7720. According to truecar it looks like $5K to $6K off MSRP isn't crazy. Only problem now is finding one. :/

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thank you. The Sorento 24mo incentive right now for the SX AWD trim is $7720. According to truecar it looks like $5K to $6K off MSRP isn't crazy. Only problem now is finding one. :/
That's Excellent, Good Luck! Just shop around and try to get the best price off of MSRP that you can as Kia is good for the lease amount. In fact if you are also going to buy a Stinger that might even make them more willing to Deal if you purchase 2 cars, may be worth mentioning to them. Also keep in mind what rates you can get for the Lease buyouts as I know rates have been increasing as of late.

TXKing

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Honda Accord
Thanks so much. Just beginning to look at buying a stinger and new to this forum. There is a lot of great information here. Thanks again !

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
I was too excited and didn't get a deal. I paid MSRP plus a little more for dealer fees.

gjagt

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
MurlinatoR,
Do you know if a balloon loan qualifies for KIA's lease incentives and can be bought out?
In NY, a lease buyout would incur a double tax event.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
My sales guy was a shady mahf-k. I don't know what Secure Mark PLUS is, but I got it - although I got absolutely zero paperwork about it. You know how you usually get a pink carbon copy (maybe it's yellow) when you buy a new car? I didn't. I got xerox copies of some papers though. I always got some kind of folder, but he just handed me a roll of xerox copies without any folder or envelope, but they grind you so long, I was there for most of the day... they just kept saying, "Fifteen more minutes!" which turned into hours. It was excruciating and by far my worst dealer experience. Towards the end, after I had been broken down so far, I just wanted to get out of there. The car makes that experience worth the pain, but I won't give them my repeat business.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
My sales guy was a shady mahf-k. I don't know what Secure Mark PLUS is, but I got it - although I got absolutely zero paperwork about it. You know how you usually get a pink carbon copy (maybe it's yellow) when you buy a new car? I didn't. I got xerox copies of some papers though. I always got some kind of folder, but he just handed me a roll of xerox copies without any folder or envelope, but they grind you so long, I was there for most of the day... they just kept saying, "Fifteen more minutes!" which turned into hours. It was excruciating and by far my worst dealer experience. Towards the end, after I had been broken down so far, I just wanted to get out of there. The car makes that experience worth the pain, but I won't give them my repeat business.
That sounds horrible, you need to out that dealer and sales guy. I bet "Secure Mark PLUS" is some kind of VIN window etching.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Sorry to hear about that, scary thing is you don't even know what you've purchased. I would have them fax you a copy and cancel whatever extra items that is refundable. Still glad you're enjoying the Stinger and welcome to the owner's group.

Tonezorz

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 BRZ
Yikes. Probably got a 10 year loan at 15% interest.

Might want to cancel everything that was refundable and potentially look into refinancing. >_<

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
That sounds horrible, you need to out that dealer and sales guy. I bet "Secure Mark PLUS" is some kind of VIN window etching.
After a little research, I found out SECURE MARK PLUS is a secondary entity, OWNED by the dealer I got the car from. They just littered my car with their stickers that say, "SECURE MARK" and I don't like stickers. What a racket.

After I had to vehemently deny all their add-ons, they basically forced the SECURE MARK on me (probably because they already applied all their stickers before I got there). They acted like they were being cool, and said it was "free" because they took even more off the price to even it out.

It was a challenge to even communicate with that guy. More than half of the things he said were blatant, flat-out lies. I toughed it out, because the other dealership in town does something similar with their proprietary "KARR alarm system" that is intrusive (they drill into the new dash to install these) and is about the worst alarm system out there, and they pre-install it on all their inventory and force customers to buy it.

I want to (spend a few hours and) remove all these ugly "SECURE_MARK" stickers from all over my new car.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #34
MurlinatoR,
Do you know if a balloon loan qualifies for KIA's lease incentives and can be bought out?
In NY, a lease buyout would incur a double tax event.
Yes, you can buy out the balloon just like the lease or a loan.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
I finally sold my Mustang, the process begins tomorrow. I have found an 18 gt1 I’m gonna try to deal on. I prefer to get the ceramic color but that’s not happening on an 18. Looks like the best deal is settling for an 18. I may drop to the base GT to get the color I want at the price point I need to be at.
The 18 stickers for 45, gonna offer 40 and do the 24 month lease cash.

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Yes, you can buy out the balloon just like the lease or a loan.
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] Do new lease numbers start today?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharhino

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Any insight on Canada prices and deals right now? Have my Focus ST up for sale right now and hoping to find more info on Canadian deals.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Amarillo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Any insight on Canada prices and deals right now? Have my Focus ST up for sale right now and hoping to find more info on Canadian deals.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome fellow Focus owner.

Reactions
Hello! Thanks for putting this chart up! If a dealer still has a 2018 can this still lease? I’m having a hard time understanding this chart could someone explain? I never leased before and I’m considering to with this car. All I know is I have a 785 credit score so that will put me tier 1. I’d like to put 0 down. What does residual mean? :)