Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about 10 yr extended Full Warranty

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all,

When I bought my stinger they tried to sell me a complete 10 year warranty covering everything.

I told the wife I'd keep the cost under a certain number so didn't bite. However, I am interested as I've had awful luck with cars.

When my dad bought a Prius a while ago he also didn't get the warranty at purchase and about 8 months later found it online from a dealer in Michigan (we live in Oregon) for half the price!!

Does anyone know of anything like that for the Stinger?

Thanks!

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Stinger comes with a 10 year warranty already, not sure why you want to get anything else.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Kias come with a 10 year 100k mile power train warranty. A 5 year/60k mile basic warranty, 5 year/100k mile anti-perforation warranty and a 5 year/60k mile 24hr roadside assistance warranty. Are you looking to add to the basic warranty?

7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not entirely correct. Audio / Nav / Entertainment / Battery is only warranted for only 3 years / 36k miles.

Regarding Aftermarket Extended Insurance Policies (called WRAP Policies):

* Dealerships make HUGE profit off of these, sometimes greater than from the sale of the car.

* I purchased one of these with my new Stinger from the dealer for $3,500 (seemed like a good idea, at the time), then read the fine details of exclusions, and cancelled the coverage within 10 days (I was given 30 days to cancel without suffering a fee). I received confirmation of cancellation, however, two months after purchasing, I am still waiting for the return of my $3,500! Buyer, beware of dealership greed!

* If you buy online (i-search "automobile wrap policy"), a fairly comprehensive policy can be found for less than ~$2,000. Make certain it INCLUDES electronics / nav / etc. Check the exclusions carefully!

* These are NOT warranties, but insurance policies, which typically have a deductible ($50, $100). They can be used at any "certified" mechanic shop, so certainly a KIA dealership should qualify. However, you must get repairs pre-approved by the underwriter before doing the repairs ... or, in an emergency, pay the mechanic up-front, and hope a reimbursement is approved after-the-fact.

As I plan on owning my GT2 for ~10 years, I will be buying an extended WRAP policy (online) as soon as the dealership reimburses my $3,500. Too many electronic doo-dads & onboard computers to risk issues after the 36th month of ownership!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    AR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roverny View Post
    Hi all,

When I bought my stinger they tried to sell me a complete 10 year warranty covering everything.

I told the wife I'd keep the cost under a certain number so didn't bite. However, I am interested as I've had awful luck with cars.

When my dad bought a Prius a while ago he also didn't get the warranty at purchase and about 8 months later found it online from a dealer in Michigan (we live in Oregon) for half the price!!

Does anyone know of anything like that for the Stinger?

Thanks!
    Is this an aftermarket warranty? More details on the warranty would be great.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post
    That's not entirely correct. Audio / Nav / Entertainment / Battery is only warranted for only 3 years / 36k miles.
    I pretty much just copied whatever was in the Stinger dealers pamphlet. If it's not in there it's on them

7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The "2018 Stinger Warranty and Consumer Information Manual" (a 112-page booklet provided with the new car), page 3, details the KIA Warranty Program Coverage. I will try to upload a photo of that page ... (apologies if it doesn't work)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 KIA Stinger Warranty.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	756.7 KB 
ID:	1925

I had heard (incorrectly) from a different dealer about the "10 yr / 100k mile" sales pitch. I contacted KIA America by email (owners.kia.com), and they informed me that KIA does NOT offer any 'extended' warranty, only that which is stated in the above referenced KIA Manual.

BTW, the 10 yr / 100k mile Powertrain Warranty is for the ORIGINAL OWNER only ... subsequent owners are only offered the 5 yr / 60k mile Powertrain Warranty.

Yes, I was told lots of bull from the dealership sales guy and the finance manager (which is why I initially purchased the WRAP coverage policy), but after reading the policy's exclusions realized that they would say anything to make that lucrative sale!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast