Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 7 of 11
  1. #1
    New Member

    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    1
    Location
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    (NW Chi Suburbs) Shop Recommendation Needed

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just ordered a set of Eibach springs (AWD GT2 if it matters...) Question is should I have a dealer install the kit or is there a shop in the area that you prefer?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    39 Rep Points Chi-Guy's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    39
    Location
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalasian View Post
    Just ordered a set of Eibach springs (AWD GT2 if it matters...) Question is should I have a dealer install the kit or is there a shop in the area that you prefer?
    Any shop like Firestone can install it fairly cheap. There's no need to pay dealer rates.

  3. #3
    Member
    6 Rep Points jatleson's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    6
    Location
    Mundelein
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Following for good indy shops in the NW Burbs. I'm in 60060. I've learned from BMW ownership learning some DIY and having a great indy shop is HUGE.


    Atleson Detailing Service - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/atlesondetailing/home
    2010 BMW 335i xDrive
    2015 Dodge Durango RT
    1999 BMW M Roadster

  4. #4
    Member
    6 Rep Points RockyJodr124's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    6
    Location
    Denver
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Tirerack does a great job of listing reputable installers

    Select "Springs" when you do a search.
    https://www.tirerack.com/installer/I...pCode=&srch3=P

  5. #5
    New Member

    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    1
    Location
    Cincinnati
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Guy View Post
    Any shop like Firestone can install it fairly cheap. There's no need to pay dealer rates.
    I asked my local Firestone if they could install springs while I was having my winter tires put on, they said no because it's not an OEM part.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    33 Rep Points nhcowboy28's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    33
    Location
    Alpharetta
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by GreySpectre View Post
    I asked my local Firestone if they could install springs while I was having my winter tires put on, they said no because it's not an OEM part.
    My experience with firestone has always been bad. While yes they can do stuff, they are blunt instruments. There are always better solutions.

  7. #7
    New Member

    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    1
    Location
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    Following for good indy shops in the NW Burbs. I'm in 60060. I've learned from BMW ownership learning some DIY and having a great indy shop is HUGE.
    SAME! I called Ben at 7th Gear from the BMW Motorwerks service waiting room more times than I can count...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •