Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Racechip drive modes and car drive modes

aantony4

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hello there! New Stinger owner from Austin, TX here! I?m looking at getting Racechip... already know what I need to do for plugs... but I?m wondering how the different modes provided by the Racechip interact with the cars comfort and sport modes

Thanks!
IMG_9917.jpg IMG_9918.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome there's a few of us on here from the Austin metro area.[welcome]

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
The driving modes of the Stinger and the RaceChip maps work completely independent from each other. You can combine them as you like.
The different RaceChip maps offer different levels of performance upgrades. As a rule of thumb: the higher the map, the more power and torque.
However, they also differ in the way the performance is released (e.g. at which rpm and load which performance upgrade is released). RaceChip recommends to use premium gas with the higher maps. I would anyway use only premium gas in the Stinger, even in stock. In combination with some mods (e.g. exhaust) it might make sense to use a lower RaceChip map.

Scottym464

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Nice color!!