Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Paint/film in door jam

DeeEeZed

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Canadian winter: 1, me: 0

Sorry - on mobile and outside in the cold lol.. Heard a nice "thunk" when opening the door, so I figured it was some ice that formed between the door that broke while opening it. I went to try to fish the piece out when I noticed something was peeling 0_o - I'll try to get a better pic when it's light out. I figured that part would be painted? Any one else's car like that?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Front or rear door? I don't see anything like that in mine.

OP
D

DeeEeZed

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #3
Front or rear door? I don't see anything like that in mine.
Sorry, front driver's side

OP
D

DeeEeZed

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #4
I was wondering if someone could check to see what's behind the front of the door. We've had some milder weather so i took a closer look, and it seems like its a foam piece there - maybe to keep junk frim coming through the wheel well or side vent?

I'm going this Saturday to get the tpms looked at and wanted some ammo for this issue

Thanks!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It's insulation. It's there to keep wheel and ground noise from coming into the cockpit.

OP
D

DeeEeZed

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #6
It's insulation. It's there to keep wheel and ground noise from coming into the cockpit.
Thanks MurlinatoR! For the life of me I couldn't come up with insulation and didn't even consider it, especially there? But then again, it's my first "nice" car!