Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What car will you be replacing with your Kia Stinger?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Hi OklaStinger,
I wonder what color is your Optima ? As you can see, I have a silver one, and it looks great. As long as that is not your current color, then I would go Ceramic Silver. I have ordered a GT2 in Deep Chroma Blue, but I believe you can't get that color in the US....shame!
I?ve always been a fan of white cars. My Optima is white too. I test drove a red GT2 because that?s all they had at the time. Ceramic was the only other color that had some sort appeal to me. If it came right down to it, I?d probably be okay with whichever color the dealer could get for me first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I?ve always been a fan of white cars. My Optima is white too. I test drove a red GT2 because that?s all they had at the time. Ceramic was the only other color that had some sort appeal to me. If it came right down to it, I?d probably be okay with whichever color the dealer could get for me first.

Same. I have a 2013 optima SX turbo in Pearl White...(love that color) ... should be replacing my optima but i am in love with that car so I'm undecided...

Have not had the optima in white, would have gone with the white stinger in red Interior... but as second choice will go for ceramic grey with red Interior... (if Kia can send one GT limited please).

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Same. I have a 2013 optima SX turbo in Pearl White...(love that color) ... should be replacing my optima but i am in love with that car so I'm undecided...

Have not had the optima in white, would have gone with the white stinger in red Interior... but as second choice will go for ceramic grey with red Interior... (if Kia can send one GT limited please).

I know what you mean. I love the pearl white with clean black accents, but something about that Ceramic color gets my attention. Decisions...

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
1st post on this forum. My current car is a 15 Mustang GT, modifications are catted lt headers, Corsa sport exhaust, Steeda intake, Lund E85 tune, BC Racing coilovers, TSW Bathurst wheels and Michelin MPSS tires. My car in current form will run very low 12?s in the 1/4. My previous car was a 2007 BMW 335I, very fun and fast car, and to make it faster was pretty cheap via Cobb or Burger. The problem with the BMW is the cost to own out of warranty. I would love to own an M4, but no way are they worth the $$$. I love my GT, but I?m getting the itch for something different. The exhaust note of the GT with My setup is pure sex, but it can be overbearing pulling up to a PTA meeting or church. I really miss the low end grunt of a turbo 6, my BMW felt just as fast around town as my GT. What caught my regarding the Stinger is it?s attractive performance value, and it?s quite a looker. I also like that I would give up little to nothing in the way of straight line speed if I got an ECU tune. I?m going to check out a Stinger this evening, all I have seen so far is online photos, will report back my initial impressions.

[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
It's in my signature at the bottom, but I'll have to let my G8 GT go with 190,000 miles. Fantastic car, never seen a wrench. Just tires, battery, oil & filter --- and wiper blades.

cazwizzle

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I'd love to see what people were driving before they made the switch. Please share what you would be replacing with your Kia Stinger.
2011 Subaru Legacy GT w/stage 2 mods, a beloved car that I wouldn't part with until I found something I liked as well or better.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I drive a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring. 97k miles (4yrs 2 mo old). Great car, far too much road noise. Thankfully, the Stinger is indeed quieter! It's not as quiet Buick or a Lexus ES350, but that is NOT what I'm looking for!

I'm about 6-9 months out, and nothing was catching my eye, and Mazda is moving sooo slowly on delivering an all-new 6. Too bad, but they are just too small a company to focus on too many things at once.

And then I discovered the Stinger and wow. I've test driven the 2.0L Premium and GT 2. The V6 spoiled me, so now I'm trying to figure out how to shoehorn into a GT w/safety package.

Just went to the Portland Auto Show this weekend. Stat in a Audi A5 Sportback. Just too small, coupled with too costly. I'm not too interested in labels as I am performance and since I drive so much for work, and the Stinger is made to also stretch out on long drives without fatigue, it fits my bill. Good luck deciding!

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
I drive a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring. 97k miles (4yrs 2 mo old). Great car, far too much road noise. Thankfully, the Stinger is indeed quieter! It's not as quiet Buick or a Lexus ES350, but that is NOT what I'm looking for!

I'm about 6-9 months out, and nothing was catching my eye, and Mazda is moving sooo slowly on delivering an all-new 6. Too bad, but they are just too small a company to focus on too many things at once.

And then I discovered the Stinger and wow. I've test driven the 2.0L Premium and GT 2. The V6 spoiled me, so now I'm trying to figure out how to shoehorn into a GT w/safety package.

Just went to the Portland Auto Show this weekend. Stat in a Audi A5 Sportback. Just too small, coupled with too costly. I'm not too interested in labels as I am performance and since I drive so much for work, and the Stinger is made to also stretch out on long drives without fatigue, it fits my bill. Good luck deciding!
That's definitely the thing I tell people who have considered the base Stinger: Don't drive the V6.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That's definitely the thing I tell people who have considered the base Stinger: Don't drive the V6.
LOLOLOL

Right! It will ruin your budget!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
I?ve ordered the Stinger 3.3 AWD pearl white full EU trim with Bastuck valve exhaust. It will also get the Eibach lowering springs, 6% black tint foil on the back windows and some nice 20? wheels.

It will replace my white 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R 265hp DCT.

I love white cars and I am looking forward to replace that boring (just the paint) white Scirocco with that awesome pearl white beauty. I also love to own a V6 soon. All I had before were V4 cars plus a Mazda Renesis engine (RX-8).

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Exactly! I drove a 2.0L Premium back in early December and was throughly impressed. I decided I could spring for the Premium goodies. I just needed to save longer. Then, in early January I stopped by a dealer and talked with a really laid back sales guy. The manager came over, who was also very nice, and asked if I test drove one. I told him yes, the 2.0L. He invited me to test drive a GT 2, which I figured, why not? I was curious as to how much more power and such it would have over the very peppy 2.0L?

Remember, I'm coming from a Mazda6 184hp "best" mind you. The 2.0L was quite powerful vs the Mazda. So how much better would the GT 2 AWD version be?

The GT caused all logic to leave my level-headed brain. I've driven friend's Telsa P85D (two motors, 4-wheel drive, 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds!). I've also driven a very powerful Jaguar XJ. But wow, this was a highly tuned drive, more so than the 6 year old Jaguar (IMO), and while the Tesla is an absolute rocket ship, with only a Star Trek-like whirl to the BLDC motor, it is numb in the handling department, and it's interior just isn't all that great to me...

Now what was I going to do?!...

I also realized something else along the way. My assumption that the base 2.0L would be equipped the same as the base GT, was wrong. The GT isn't just a larger engine. The GT has other goodies I had not thought about:

? First of all, did you know the nose of the Stinger is much more aggressive in design for the GT series than the Base? Take a look. The rear is only slightly so, but the front grill is much more aggressive on the GT, and the venting looks higher grade (save for the fake hood vents that are all poor...).
? The GT's have high-gloss black mirrors. Base 2.0L just has body color mirrors. The mirror gloss look just ads a bit of flare to the vehicle.
? The headlights on the GT are full-on LED, as are the turn signals, everything front and rear. The design just looks spot on for the car.
? Electronic Parking break with Auto-hold.
? V6 Engine
? VGR (Variable Gear Ratio) Rack steering
? 19-inch wheels (higher-end wheels, just a bit nicer)
? Larger Discs with Brembo Brakes
? 9 speaker audio system vs 6 speakers for the base 2.0L (yes it sounds better than the 6 speaker base)
? A lot more brushed aluminum in the interior vs piano black for the base (which quickly gathers dust and smudges). The AI just looks classier.
? Sport flat-bottom steering wheel. Nice.
? Alloy metal pedals. Yah, you step on them, but you notice them and it ads another note that says "You are driving a 365hp performance machine."
? AI door sill scuff plates.

Jeepers, was I wrong. The GT comes with a lot more than "just a V6 vs 2.0L engine" for the monetary difference. Sure, the Premium package for the 2.0L provides more, but I don't care about a sunroof (which takes away more roof space in the back), and it doesn't add so much that I'd rather get the 2.0L Premium vs the GT. Besides, the GT is just about $1k more.

Ack, sold on the GT!

Now, I was going to add the Drive Wise Package to either so the spread is still only around 1k.

I have no idea on the numbers, but I'd wager if 10 people went in looking at the 2.0L w/Premium as a good package for them, and then test drove the GT, at least 50% are going to be swayed (as was I) to punt the better mileage, or whatever, and spring for a GT.

Only time in my life I would have a confluence of things going on to get into a car like this, so tis the time I suppose. Nice work Kia.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well, it could, which in all seriousness would not be good for people. Boy do people have issues with how to manage money, but I digress. This is the fun positive world of the Kia Stinger (silly me!).

So, yah, it won't ruin my budget, it will just cause me to save for longer. We do not believe in debt, so we just save. Can't get into trouble that way, or much, much, less! We save $300 a month for a new car, and we try not to have our payment go beyond $200 a month, and pay everything off within 2.5 years. Thus, even when we have a car payment, we are saving a wee bit for the next one. When one is paid off, then $300 a month just continues to stack up...

Some would say "so what's the difference in saving or paying on a car? Or, just lease one all the time." A. I keep gaining with an asset. Even though it depreciates, as this pace, i cold probably buy an AMG something in 10-12 years with this model we deploy... And of course, something goes wrong in life, I don't have a car payment, I have extra money for the tragedy that might have occurred.

Ack! There I go again, Debbie Downer! Okay, I'll stop. ; )

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Exactly! I drove a 2.0L Premium back in early December and was throughly impressed. I decided I could spring for the Premium goodies. I just needed to save longer. Then, in early January I stopped by a dealer and talked with a really laid back sales guy. The manager came over, who was also very nice, and asked if I test drove one. I told him yes, the 2.0L. He invited me to test drive a GT 2, which I figured, why not? I was curious as to how much more power and such it would have over the very peppy 2.0L?

Remember, I'm coming from a Mazda6 184hp "best" mind you. The 2.0L was quite powerful vs the Mazda. So how much better would the GT 2 AWD version be?

The GT caused all logic to leave my level-headed brain. I've driven friend's Telsa P85D (two motors, 4-wheel drive, 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds!). I've also driven a very powerful Jaguar XJ. But wow, this was a highly tuned drive, more so than the 6 year old Jaguar (IMO), and while the Tesla is an absolute rocket ship, with only a Star Trek-like whirl to the BLDC motor, it is numb in the handling department, and it's interior just isn't all that great to me...

Now what was I going to do?!...

I also realized something else along the way. My assumption that the base 2.0L would be equipped the same as the base GT, was wrong. The GT isn't just a larger engine. The GT has other goodies I had not thought about:

? First of all, did you know the nose of the Stinger is much more aggressive in design for the GT series than the Base? Take a look. The rear is only slightly so, but the front grill is much more aggressive on the GT, and the venting looks higher grade (save for the fake hood vents that are all poor...).
? The GT's have high-gloss black mirrors. Base 2.0L just has body color mirrors. The mirror gloss look just ads a bit of flare to the vehicle.
? The headlights on the GT are full-on LED, as are the turn signals, everything front and rear. The design just looks spot on for the car.
? Electronic Parking break with Auto-hold.
? V6 Engine
? VGR (Variable Gear Ratio) Rack steering
? 19-inch wheels (higher-end wheels, just a bit nicer)
? Larger Discs with Brembo Brakes
? 9 speaker audio system vs 6 speakers for the base 2.0L (yes it sounds better than the 6 speaker base)
? A lot more brushed aluminum in the interior vs piano black for the base (which quickly gathers dust and smudges). The AI just looks classier.
? Sport flat-bottom steering wheel. Nice.
? Alloy metal pedals. Yah, you step on them, but you notice them and it ads another note that says "You are driving a 365hp performance machine."
? AI door sill scuff plates.

Jeepers, was I wrong. The GT comes with a lot more than "just a V6 vs 2.0L engine" for the monetary difference. Sure, the Premium package for the 2.0L provides more, but I don't care about a sunroof (which takes away more roof space in the back), and it doesn't add so much that I'd rather get the 2.0L Premium vs the GT. Besides, the GT is just about $1k more.

Ack, sold on the GT!

Now, I was going to add the Drive Wise Package to either so the spread is still only around 1k.

I have no idea on the numbers, but I'd wager if 10 people went in looking at the 2.0L w/Premium as a good package for them, and then test drove the GT, at least 50% are going to be swayed (as was I) to punt the better mileage, or whatever, and spring for a GT.

Only time in my life I would have a confluence of things going on to get into a car like this, so tis the time I suppose. Nice work Kia.
There is a comparison sheet on the Kia website... differentiating the models!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
There is a comparison sheet on the Kia website... differentiating the models!

Wait, what?!... Sorry, hyped up on a bit too much caffeine last night.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
2015 wrx. Love the stinger but going to miss it terribly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Uh, is this a dealer garage or?... Reminds me a warehouse by the docks where stolen car parts are swapped... No offense to the dealer, but I've never seen a dealer shop look quite like this.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Uh, is this a dealer garage or?... Reminds me a warehouse by the docks where stolen car parts are swapped... No offense to the dealer, but I've never seen a dealer shop look quite like this.
Yea the dealer just moved into that location within the past month slowly getting it all together.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk