Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What car will you be replacing with your Kia Stinger?

Piotr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Arab Emirates
What I Drive
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
The stinger might replace my Grand Cherokee SRT if I like it how it drives. Unfortunately both Kia and hyundai dealerships are awful here and they maybe will have a test car in mid december but I heard the same thing about november already.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #22
The stinger might replace my Grand Cherokee SRT if I like it how it drives. Unfortunately both Kia and hyundai dealerships are awful here and they maybe will have a test car in mid december but I heard the same thing about november already.
Welcome [MENTION=256]Piotr[/MENTION], how much does the Stinger sell for in Dubai?

Piotr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Arab Emirates
What I Drive
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Thank you. There is nothing official but I saw 170k - 175k AED (~47k USD) here and I assume this is the top of the line version. I think It's a really good price for what you get. In contrast I've got a quote from audi for s5 for 330k AED (~90k USD) and that still didn't include driver assistances because they are not available here and nappa leather because you can't combine that with ventilated seats.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24
Thank you. There is nothing official but I saw 170k - 175k AED (~47k USD) here and I assume this is the top of the line version. I think It's a really good price for what you get. In contrast I've got a quote from audi for s5 for 330k AED (~90k USD) and that still didn't include driver assistances because they are not available here and nappa leather because you can't combine that with ventilated seats.
That?s better than what we pay here for the GT2.

G82GT

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Another G8 owner, glad to have you bud! But please, do not get rid of the G8. It's a diamond in the rough, which I'm sure know already lol
Not a chance, hanging onto it in the hopes it can bolster my retirement in the future! All bundled up in the garage, only take it out occasionally for fun in order to keep the miles low...

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Not a chance, hanging onto it in the hopes it can bolster my retirement in the future! All bundled up in the garage, only take it out occasionally for fun in order to keep the miles low...

I don't think I've seen a car cover as nice as that.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
Kia Optima LTD

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looking at the Stinger as a possible replacement for my wife's Magnum RT.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 V8
5L V8 Jaguar XF

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
The Stinger is going to replace my Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0TSI

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
It will be replacing my current S3.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Diesel chiped to 135 PS / 300Nm

Gretz Slowy

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Stinger will be replacing my M37 S with areo package. Test drove the Stinger and it will be a great upgrade.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Just wondering why the change? needed more space?
Size was one of the issues, but it was mainly due to my ongoing problems with the MMI.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
The GT2 replaced my '15 turbo mustang. Leased the Stinger 12/14, returned the mustang the next day.

That was a LONG 38 months; it was a nice enough car but I never did really love it. I think I only kept it because I knew it would be expensive to terminate the lease early.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
If I can actually find a GT2 in Snow White Pearl, I?ll be replacing a 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman JCW ALL4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Trying to decide between the GT1 in either Ceramic Silver or Snow White. Tough decision for me.

I?m currently own a 2014 Optima SXL. It?s got 85k miles on it and the Stinger looks to be a perfect step up in comfort and performance.

Btw, any opinions on White vs Ceramic? I?m all ears. Ha.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
Trying to decide between the GT1 in either Ceramic Silver or Snow White. Tough decision for me.

I?m currently own a 2014 Optima SXL. It?s got 85k miles on it and the Stinger looks to be a perfect step up in comfort and performance.

Btw, any opinions on White vs Ceramic? I?m all ears. Ha.

Hi OklaStinger,
I wonder what color is your Optima ? As you can see, I have a silver one, and it looks great. As long as that is not your current color, then I would go Ceramic Silver. I have ordered a GT2 in Deep Chroma Blue, but I believe you can't get that color in the US....shame!