Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Where to pickup drive mode selection signal

Devo9er

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Anyone know if and where you are able to pickup a control signal for the different drive modes? I want to be able to tie in some auxillary devices while in sport or custom mode, mainly for exhaust cutouts etc. I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Do any of the piggyback chips have auxillary functions and outputs like this?

I've also thought that maybe one of the other items within sport or custom drive modes could be indirectly used to tie in a relay, i.e. probing the active suspension wiring might show a higher voltage when in sport mode etc, or even the manual shifter position switch. I'd prefer to not go through this kind of hack route but I've resorted to things like this on other vehicles...

Any ideas are appreciated!

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
From that I see from the bi-modal exhaust install in Australia, they had to tear up the dash to access the signal so it doesn't look that simple. I love your idea though.

Anyone know if and where you are able to pickup a control signal for the different drive modes? I want to be able to tie in some auxillary devices while in sport or custom mode, mainly for exhaust cutouts etc. I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Do any of the piggyback chips have auxillary functions and outputs like this?

I've also thought that maybe one of the other items within sport or custom drive modes could be indirectly used to tie in a relay, i.e. probing the active suspension wiring might show a higher voltage when in sport mode etc, or even the manual shifter position switch. I'd prefer to not go through this kind of hack route but I've resorted to things like this on other vehicles...

Any ideas are appreciated!