Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone notice how the front crash sensor only works either when you have the cruise control on or when you are in reverse? When I park in a garage I have to put in reverse and back in drive to get it to engage. It’s also notorious for going off when I park at a curb get back in to reverse and then the front sensor goes off like I’m going to hit something in the front while backing up? Anyone else?

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyposs View Post
    Anyone notice how the front crash sensor only works either when you have the cruise control on or when you are in reverse? When I park in a garage I have to put in reverse and back in drive to get it to engage. It’s also notorious for going off when I park at a curb get back in to reverse and then the front sensor goes off like I’m going to hit something in the front while backing up? Anyone else?
    I would have that looked at. Mine works fine when I park front facing in my garage without having to first put it into reverse (2018 GT2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyposs View Post
    There are two types of sensors for the front end.

The ultrasonic sensors (multiple heads/transceivers) are for close distance range for parking, low speed purposes. The system is activated when reversing and it takes account the outputs from the front sensors. Notice that the front-facing, the side-facing, and the rear-facing have different tones when activated. The screen in the center of instrument panel shows which area is affected; another distraction or another thing to spread focus on my opinion. The system is not used for smart cruise control.

The other type of front-facing sensor is millimeter-wave electromagnetic transceiver. There is only one and it's centrally located within the front grill. This is a longer-distance, high-speed, more powerful system that's used for crash mitigation system. This transceiver is engaged most of the time, but the system seems to be disengaged during low-speed maneuvers such as parking. It is used for the smart cruise control.

I learn to differentiate the warnings from the two systems. The ultrasonic warnings will not accelerate or decelerate the car, but the electromagnetic warning will. Proximity awareness when parking is still needed to anticipate which sensor head will give important warnings and which sensor head will give unimportant ones (don't forget the tried-and-true mirrors). Both systems have many limitations including blind spots, so familiarize yourself with them to use their advantages and to be aware of their limitations.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by roverny View Post
    1. A noise when sun roof fabric is open-and only when it's open it seems. Like a squeaking.
    2. I haven't seen this myself-even tho I'm the DD-but my wife has, twice. All the displays went off for 10-20 seconds while driving.
    3. TSC. When going around a sharp corner, usually up hill, if the TSC activates, I literally can't go anywhere for about 3-5 seconds until the car figures out whatever it needs to figure out. Very strange and frustrating.
    4. For a brand new car the wax job doesn't feel very good. Usually after I wax my own car, it's soft for about 1-2 months, the Stinger wasn't ever "soft".
    5. The rain-sensing wipers...SUCK. Out here in the Pacific NW, we get a fair amount of rain, but usually it doesn't rain too hard. The wipers can't seem to figure out what to do and I really wish I just had a "regular" intermittent that could be turned on.
    6. The wipers themselves. Since day one have been streaky. Now of course I can get new ones, but these should be new! Plus the optima had the same issue. Every time I got new wipers, about a month later, streaks�x
    If you all are curious I FINALLY took it into the dealer to look at #1 and #6.

First, what I didn't have them look at.
    I'm figuring #2 isn't worth it till I see it. #3 isn't an issue if I go slow enough, plus I plan on getting Pilot Sports in the Spring. #4, will wax it myself, waaah! :p #5, getting better, but whatever, not that big of a deal. Also told them that I've come back to my car 2 or 3 times and my gas door will be ajar.

They replaced the wipers, got an oil change since I'm near 5K, but the sunroof is the main reason I'm writing this.

At this time they say the sunroof is an issue that can't be fixed. I'm friendly with the guy and he took me in the shop and showed me a guy's stinger that has been in the shop for a MONTH trying to de-squeak the damn thing! They've literally replaced every part of it...and it still squeaks. . So unless one of you has had success-and can tell my dealer what they did-the dealer is waiting for feedback from Kia on what to do next.

Bummer, but not a huge deal since my music is so loud most of the time anyway.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roverny View Post
    If you all are curious I FINALLY took it into the dealer to look at #1 and #6.

First, what I didn't have them look at.
    I'm figuring #2 isn't worth it till I see it. #3 isn't an issue if I go slow enough, plus I plan on getting Pilot Sports in the Spring. #4, will wax it myself, waaah! :p #5, getting better, but whatever, not that big of a deal. Also told them that I've come back to my car 2 or 3 times and my gas door will be ajar.

They replaced the wipers, got an oil change since I'm near 5K, but the sunroof is the main reason I'm writing this.

At this time they say the sunroof is an issue that can't be fixed. I'm friendly with the guy and he took me in the shop and showed me a guy's stinger that has been in the shop for a MONTH trying to de-squeak the damn thing! They've literally replaced every part of it...and it still squeaks. :(. So unless one of you has had success-and can tell my dealer what they did-the dealer is waiting for feedback from Kia on what to do next. Bummer, but not a huge deal since my music is so loud most of the time anyway. :D
    That’s surprising. I didn’t have any issues with my sunroof, but when I took it in for the fender safety recall, they had a TSB to fix the sunroof and used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torbach View Post
    That’s surprising. I didn’t have any issues with my sunroof, but when I took it in for the fender safety recall, they had a TSB to fix the sunroof and used it.
    Thx for the heads up. What's a TSB?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Man that sucks about the sun roof. Question,you say you plan to get pilot sport in the spring, did your not come with them? The only problem I had with Kia was with a remote start, they couldn’t figure it out for a couple of months and said they were waiting from higher HQ for a fix.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast